[HELP] Strugling to make a working helmet mod from scratch with the weight/bones

I don't know what kind of helmet you make. Is it supposed to repeat facial morphs, or something like that? Because no skinning is required for regular hats, if they do not interact with the body. Just open your helmet in os, import BaseFemaleHead from the characterassets folder. Click on the head mesh setReference. Go to the mesh of the helmet. Click CopyBoneWeight. To prevent the mesh from leaving the head, it must have a pivot of 0/0/0. Weights are not copied during this operation. Only bones are copied. You rig the helmet. Everything. You do not need to copy the weights.Next, remove the Set Reference from the head. Click Set Reference on the helmet. Delete the head. Save the project by choosing paths. Go to bs. Build. Find your project, build it nif. Nothing else is needed for helmets.

I don't know how the blender model is exported. I use 3d max, import as nif (whatever, basically I choose pe weapon). The material can be either bsLightingFx or bsEffectFx. I preliminarily pass the model through erich, but it seems that this is not necessary for clothes. Because I once inserted a skyrim body just by reassigning the material. I removed the old bones, tied them to the fo4 bones, and copied the sliders from cbbe. The body was no different from the bodies for fo4. Outfit Studio eats everything, and this super program doesn't care what sources the mesh came from.In general, if you fail. Drop your mesh here (link). I easily, in 5 minutes, adapt it to a game nif.

Yes it's a simple helmet like a hat do not need to adapt to bodymorph, finally I achieved to export it with bones (at least contrary to before when I copy the bones of the raiderhelmet03 as ref it cover my model of all the color) it does not crash the CK anymore but it is invisible, I am not sur if the problem is with the model/bones, or the material wha do you think, I would be interest to know if you achieve to make it show up in the CK/game if you want:Â https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/17kPDxY-QHX_7Vmsjz0UHKpjUHx6FLhbZ?usp=sharing

Â

(I have also put the diffuse, normal and specular texture of each piece if you need them)

Â

Also other question at first I intended to make it as a helmet divided in 3 pieces that I would later assemble in outfit studio in one mesh but I don't know if that is even working with the fallout engine, and know if I can apply each individual texture in outfit studio (can you apply texture/material in OS ?)

Thanks for the help to a random stranger

On your link, some textures. Why do I need textures? Throw me a mesh, or meshes of this helmet, preferably in fbx, but you can in any format. You can do it in nif too, just mess with nif more, because I have to export it to fbx for max. If there are several parts, I will link them myself, assign bethesda materials and export immediately to the finished clothing nif, having previously configured it in 3d max on cbbe. Even if it doesn't have uv on it, I'll make you uv from scratch. If necessary, I will immediately configure it in os and make an osd for bs.

I don't know what kind of helmet you make. Is it supposed to repeat facial morphs, or something like that? Because no skinning is required for regular hats, if they do not interact with the body. Just open your helmet in os, import BaseFemaleHead from the characterassets folder. Click on the head mesh setReference. Go to the mesh of the helmet. Click CopyBoneWeight. To prevent the mesh from leaving the head, it must have a pivot of 0/0/0. Weights are not copied during this operation. Only bones are copied. You rig the helmet. Everything. You do not need to copy the weights.Next, remove the Set Reference from the head. Click Set Reference on the helmet. Delete the head. Save the project by choosing paths. Go to bs. Build. Find your project, build it nif. Nothing else is needed for helmets.

I don't know how the blender model is exported. I use 3d max, import as nif (whatever, basically I choose pe weapon). The material can be either bsLightingFx or bsEffectFx. I preliminarily pass the model through erich, but it seems that this is not necessary for clothes. Because I once inserted a skyrim body just by reassigning the material. I removed the old bones, tied them to the fo4 bones, and copied the sliders from cbbe. The body was no different from the bodies for fo4. Outfit Studio eats everything, and this super program doesn't care what sources the mesh came from.In general, if you fail. Drop your mesh here (link). I easily, in 5 minutes, adapt it to a game nif.

Yes it's a simple helmet like a hat do not need to adapt to bodymorph, finally I achieved to export it with bones (at least contrary to before when I copy the bones of the raiderhelmet03 as ref it cover my model of all the color) it does not crash the CK anymore but it is invisible, I am not sur if the problem is with the model/bones, or the material wha do you think, I would be interest to know if you achieve to make it show up in the CK/game if you want:Â https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/17kPDxY-QHX_7Vmsjz0UHKpjUHx6FLhbZ?usp=sharing

Â

(I have also put the diffuse, normal and specular texture of each piece if you need them)

Â

Also other question at first I intended to make it as a helmet divided in 3 pieces that I would later assemble in outfit studio in one mesh but I don't know if that is even working with the fallout engine, and know if I can apply each individual texture in outfit studio (can you apply texture/material in OS ?)

On your link, some textures. Why do I need textures? Throw me a mesh, or meshes of this helmet, preferably in fbx, but you can in any format. You can do it in nif too, just mess with nif more, because I have to export it to fbx for max. If there are several parts, I will link them myself, assign bethesda materials and export immediately to the finished clothing nif, having previously configured it in 3d max on cbbe. Even if it doesn't have uv on it, I'll make you uv from scratch. If necessary, I will immediately configure it in os and make an osd for bs.

Sorry the nif were in the previous folder I thought you could access it but apparently not here the link to the 3 nif piece of the helmet : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1k3lvCVwI2Xb2UJFJpZPHF1KrFYzf6Vdx?usp=sharing

Â

Â

Â

Yes it's a simple helmet like a hat do not need to adapt to bodymorph, finally I achieved to export it with bones (at least contrary to before when I copy the bones of the raiderhelmet03 as ref it cover my model of all the color) it does not crash the CK anymore but it is invisible, I am not sur if the problem is with the model/bones, or the material wha do you think, I would be interest to know if you achieve to make it show up in the CK/game if you want:ÃÂ https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/17kPDxY-QHX_7Vmsjz0UHKpjUHx6FLhbZ?usp=sharing

ÃÂ

ÃÂ

Â

Sorry the nif were in the previous folder I thought you could access it but apparently not here the link to the 3 nif piece of the helmet :Â https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1k3lvCVwI2Xb2UJFJpZPHF1KrFYzf6Vdx?usp=sharing

Â

https://disk.yandex.ru/d/1-yBVcBj-tBFnw

Â

In the chemical laboratory in its section. There was no UV on the model, more precisely, the UV was inoperative. Re-did it, but paint it yourself. The model is bad. First, it has disgusting polygons. Like a high-poly model crumpled by the optimizer. Secondly. Such helmets should be made hollow, with holes for the eyes and interior space. Roughly speaking, you need to cut holes and use SHELL. In fact, you have to do it again. And this is very easy to do with LOFT. Splines outline 2 dimensional projections: top, side, frontal, back. LOFT and FIT are applied. Then everything is cut out, smoothed out. A couple of hours of work and the quality will be one hundred times higher.

https://youtu.be/7uDhWwR1gEc

Edited by South8028

Â

Â

Â

Yes it's a simple helmet like a hat do not need to adapt to bodymorph, finally I achieved to export it with bones (at least contrary to before when I copy the bones of the raiderhelmet03 as ref it cover my model of all the color) it does not crash the CK anymore but it is invisible, I am not sur if the problem is with the model/bones, or the material wha do you think, I would be interest to know if you achieve to make it show up in the CK/game if you want:ÃÂ https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/17kPDxY-QHX_7Vmsjz0UHKpjUHx6FLhbZ?usp=sharing

ÃÂ

ÃÂ

Â

Sorry the nif were in the previous folder I thought you could access it but apparently not here the link to the 3 nif piece of the helmet :Â https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1k3lvCVwI2Xb2UJFJpZPHF1KrFYzf6Vdx?usp=sharing

Â

https://disk.yandex.ru/d/1-yBVcBj-tBFnw

Â

In the chemical laboratory in its section. There was no UV on the model, more precisely, the UV was inoperative. Re-did it, but paint it yourself. The model is bad. First, it has disgusting polygons. Like a high-poly model crumpled by the optimizer. Secondly. Such helmets should be made hollow, with holes for the eyes and interior space. Roughly speaking, you need to cut holes and use SHELL. In fact, you have to do it again. And this is very easy to do with LOFT. Splines outline 2 dimensional projections: top, side, frontal, back. LOFT and FIT are applied. Then everything is cut out, smoothed out. A couple of hours of work and the quality will be one hundred times higher.

Thanks for all your work seem i am not close at all to know how to make a working model in game, just a question if I have not bothered you enough how did you learn the skill to be able to make a working outfit ? Only thought tutorial on the internet or asking people and how much time did it take you to master all those tools you have to get trough to achieve that ?

You just need to master the export with the correct scales, materials, and master the outfit studio. I'm just as new to 3D as you are. I have nothing to brag about. I don't make clothes at all. I mainly make objects and furniture for the workshop. In fo4, I love to build. If there was no workshop in fo4, I would not play this game at all.

You just need to master the export with the correct scales, materials, and master the outfit studio. I'm just as new to 3D as you are. I have nothing to brag about. I don't make clothes at all. I mainly make objects and furniture for the workshop. In fo4, I love to build. If there was no workshop in fo4, I would not play this game at all.

Ha I see kind of motivating if you're new too, similarly my goal is to be able to master to creaate my own armor but also building in the long term goal of creating a fresh dlc sized worldspace I started in the CK, good luck with project mate