Sudden Thought...

Spoonface1

OK this is nothing to do with mods or bugs or anything of the sort, just a random question.

Anyway - What exactly happened to the door in Niben bay?

Is it still just sitting there, 200 years later in the middle of a lake with a lonely guard still posted there?

Did it close after the CoC completely mantled Sheogorath?

Or did it remain open all these years waiting for foolish adventurers to enter and have the pitiful little minds claimed by the new Mad God?

Was this ever explained or would we have to wait until (if ever) Bethesda plonks us back in Cyrodiil with a new adventure to find out if it's still there?

I wonder if it'll be there in Elder Scrolls Online. ESO takes place in the 2nd Era but maybe it's been there even longer

I wonder if it'll be there in Elder Scrolls Online. ESO takes place in the 2nd Era but maybe it's been there even longer

Interesting, perhaps, but I remember Sheogorath saying that he opened it looking for a champion (I'm not sure, haven't played SI in years :/) so it probably popped up just before the Greymarch making this unlikely.

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting, perhaps, but I remember Sheogorath saying that he opened it looking for a champion (I'm not sure, haven't played SI in years :/) so it probably popped up just before the Greymarch making this unlikely.

Don't discount the possibility. The inhabitants of the Isles got there somehow (Big Head managed to get there from Morrowind). Who's to say the 3rd Era is the only time that door has opened, or that Cyrodiil is the only province it opened in?