[HELP] Custom meshe helmet can't apply texture in nifskope and turn invisible in CK

I created a cutom helmet, applied weight on it in outfit studio and then I opened it in nifskope to add the material path of the BGSM file I made in the BSlightingShaderproperty (material\Myhelmet\thehelmet.BGSM) but when I do my pink textureless model turn black not the color I have made. Something go wrong when applying material or even mannually adding texture I got the same result. I have checked the diffuse, normal and specular texture are all dds 2048x2048px so I don't why they won't show up on my model in nifskope. And I had once achieve to make show some other texture on an other helmet I made when I added them manually in the shader texture set but forgot how now that I try again. On top of that when I open my model in the ck replacing the Assaultgreenhood gasmask armor addon model with mine the preview window don't show my model it's invisible.

Stuck on this if someone can help thx

Attach your new material with outfit studio to other existing and working model, and try working material on your new model

Dont worry about how it will look, you need just to check fact that it is working, that will help you to find what problem you have, bad material or nif

Attach your new material with outfit studio to other existing and working model, and try working material on your new model

Dont worry about how it will look, you need just to check fact that it is working, that will help you to find what problem you have, bad material or nif

Hello Sammy,

In Blender, did you make sure the orientation of faces for your meshes are correct?

In the Viewport Options, make sure you check "Backface Culling". This will show only the side of mesh you will see in the game engine. You could also use "Face Orientation" option in Viewport Overlay panel. This will show the faces in correct orientation in blue, wrong ones in red.

Make sure you check both high and low poly mesh.

(Edit)

Also make sure your high poly mesh is not bigger than the cage you are using when baking.

Edited by DiodeLadder

Thx for your reply I don't know how to apply material in outfit studio, but after what you told me I tried to apply a diferent material to my current model and an other texture to a previous model, both without success maybe I am all wrong about making diffuse, normal and specular texture I have tried follow exactly how this tutorial do ;

; I have like him making the basic texture the diffuse, then make 0 saturation resulting in black and white inversion of diffuse for the specular, and last using the specular in the app crazybumps to create the normal saving all in DDS. But I have never achieve to get working material or texture or visible models helmet in game (in the screenshot you can see the texture and what it look like when I apply them in nifskope to the model) I am kind of lost to whats the problem.

Edited by SammyMemento

Hello Sammy,

In Blender, did you make sure the orientation of faces for your meshes are correct?

In the Viewport Options, make sure you check "Backface Culling". This will show only the side of mesh you will see in the game engine. You could also use "Face Orientation" option in Viewport Overlay panel. This will show the faces in correct orientation in blue, wrong ones in red.

Make sure you check both high and low poly mesh.

(Edit)

Also make sure your high poly mesh is not bigger than the cage you are using when baking.

Thx for your reply I don't understand about the correct side of the meshe or the side, all the side of the helmet must be seen in game, or do you mean something else and I am probably don't understanding, I don't know how to make red or blue face on my model if you could explain how and what it does, am new to all this the only thing I have done is:

-sculpted a helmet based on a UV sphere

-wrapping model using sphere while being in the front orientation and selecting all the line vertex not the faces or point of model(the UV image was opened before this action as a 2048x2048px png)

-exporting layout png

-then starting to paint png in phtoshop to get the diffuse and etc

People told me of baking but I knid of pass that just to see if you I could get any form of working helmet in game, after 3 weeks trying having achieve nothing in game is kind of depressing

-exporting

Most game engines use something called Back-face Culling to render meshes :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Back-face_culling

These are what I found from quickly doing a google search. You might find better explanations somewhere else.

Anyway, that's where I'd start with troubleshooting your case.

Thanks, wow so much to learn and here I thought there was a shorcut thx for the tutorial