Morrowind has issues playing the music

tuckey

Just before I get to the menu, when the morrowind title shows up and the music plays, the computer freezes and takes 5 minutes before I get to do anything. Same thing happens when I try to play and a music track is due to play. Now a fix for me is to rename my music folder to music2 and then I have no issues. I would like the music to play as it's just not the same otherwise, what do I do nexus?

I am playing with no mods, morrowind with both expansions, steam version. I am running win7 32 bit, using Realtek High Definition Audio with latest drivers. I have tried literally forever to try to get this to work; help me nexus your my only hope!

Sometimes my audio stops while watching YouTube videos, and it's because of the Realtek Audio drivers. I have to disable them to be able to hear anything again.

I have installed latest codecs, but I have had this issue for ages over multiple codec packs. Have tried the admin thing already, curiously I have the same music problem when I try to play oblivion.

Edited by tuckey

I have installed latest codecs, but I have had this issue for ages over multiple codec packs. Have tried the admin thing already, curiously I have the same music problem when I try to play oblivion.

This indicates problem with your system, not the game. Try steps 1 to 7 in here and try if it solves.