Equipment Value Randomizer Request!

Armanic

I'd like to see a mod that gives the weapons (and/or armors) a chance to gain or lose some attack (or armor) value! Since it's rare to make things the exact same way, some variations in the stats should be a thing! I'm not asking for a "degrading" type of thing, a static one would be the best for my personal taste, no more bandits with 100% identical loot every time!

I'll use a Hunting Bow as an example;
Vanilla Attack Value: 7
Randomizer min/max x% (let's use 20 here, rounded): 6-8
It doesn't give much room to play with, but the default attack value is low.

Ebony War Axe;
Vanilla Attack Value: 15
Randomizer (20% again): 13-17
We already see more variety, it's not a huge margin, shouldn't break the game, but it already makes a difference!

Steel Plate Armor;
Vanilla Armor Value: 40
Randomizer (20%, though this one feels too much): 32-48
The armor going up to 48 feels too high for my taste, perhaps armors should be kept at a 10% value instead? (36-44 for this one.)

That would actually give a reason to "farm" some gear, disenchant some stuff because you rolled a low value on it. Unique items shouldn't be affected since you can't acquire multiple on a single character, smithing should also yield random values (and perhaps upgrading should also have random outcomes?) possibly based on perks?

Hell I'd suggest an enchant randomizer too but this would get out of hands quickly, I can settle for weapons/armors variations only! (This would also be a hell of a lot more tedious to modify mod enchants like Summermyst's)

I did search for something like this and could not find anything, if something exists then I am deeply sorry and would it be possible to get a link or the name of the mod so I could find it?
I have no idea how hard this would be to implement, however I am fairly certain that it would be a considerable amount of work! I could be wrong though, it might be possible to just add a randomizer to the already existing values which should also automatically work for mods as long as their equipment are properly identified?
If anyone has suggestions to improve this idea feel free to leave a comment!

What you are looking for already exists....BUT, does require a little bit of work to install in order to match your requirements.

The Skyrim SSE Mod is called 'Equipment Durability System'. I use it myself.

1) Installation: This is pretty straightforward. Follow the instructions + make sure you have SkyUI and SKSE installed.

2) Having it function to your requirements: This involves editing the 'EquipmentDurability.ini' file in your Data/SKSE/Plugins/EquipmentDurabilty folder.

3) Once you have the 'EquipmentDurabilaty.ini' file open, you need to make some changes:
-DisableDegradation = true *items will no longer degrade...since you seem to not want that.
-DisableDynamicTemper= False

-TemperChance= set to whatever % chance of finding equipment that already is enhanced

-BossTemperChance = set to whatever % chance you want for bosses having enhanced gear (I put this one higher than the general 'temperchance', since Bosses would be far more likely to claim higher quality loot).

-DisableWidget=True Since you don't want the widget

-BreakChance section = make sure all % chance of equipment breaking is set to 0%

So, in the end, you'll end up with found/looted/sold weapons/armor having a chance of being pre-enhanced. These items won't break, and won't degrade.

*the level of enhancement is tied to your level = you won't find a bandit carrying a Legendary War Axe when you are at lvl10, for example.

Edited by paradoxnrt

Hmm, it isn't quite what I am looking for if I understood this right, it's basically weapons you can loot that have stats as if they were tempered on the grindstone, but can't be augmented beyond their vanilla value (A Legendary War Axe found on a bandit can't be tempered to "Legendary Legendary War Axe", if that helps make it clear)?

It is something, however I am looking for something that offers varying base stats and temper stats, not pre-tempered weapons!

Well, then you need to open the Creation Kit and make duplicates of weapons/armors + alter their stats as you see fit. Then update the leveled lists so they show up at merchants and on NPCs.

.....of course, I doubt you'll spend any time/effort figuring out how to do this for yourself. You seem to be very demanding + picky for someone who doesn't want to contribute at all!

It does seem like a lot of work for not much, I wish there was an easier way to implement this.

I'll be honest, I never checked the Creation Kit so I would have no idea where to even begin.

Sorry if I came out as rude, it definitely was not my intention! Thank you for your mod recommendation, don't get me wrong it is a good alternative, it simply wasn't what I expected.

I've started to look through CK and I did find how to duplicate the items. I can spawn them in-game but didn't test to see if they were in shops or dropped by NPCs. I will work on that tomorrow, today I will purge my mods and reinstall Skyrim (I get errors about auto doors? Could be Open Cities? Not taking chances!). I am probably wrong, but I want to make sure that none of my mods interfere with the data... It will also allow me to try to figure out how to make patches for the mods I use as I start reinstalling them.

Anyway, simply updating this in case anyone was actually interested, this *might* see the light of day.