CBBE Physics for Standalone Followers?

Stellarvore717

Good day everyone!

So I'm finally able to start using Physics in game (CBBE, CBP, Bodyslide etc.) So far I got it set up where all Vanilla NPC's got Physics when nude, but not the Follower mods I downloaded.

Is there anything I can do to solve this? I'm still a bit new to this area of Skyrim modding, so any help is greatly appreciated!

Ideally, by downloading a physics enabled version of the follower mod, or alternatively, a body replacer made for it.

If it has no such variant, then you'd have to manually give it one, by replacing the body, feet, and hands ***meshes with suitable replacement meshes (CBBE w/physics, CBBE-3BBB, BHNUP, etc) - if you want the follower's body to mimic the original in form (Chunky? Skinny? Buxom? Flat? etc), then you'll need to do work in Bodyslide to duplicate the body anyway - and depending on how much ...hmmm.... bounce you want, then you might have to update your custom textures or swap them out for a more modern body texture with all the most recent changes. If you do update or replace your follower's custom textures, make sure to use resources compatible with the follower's native body type or if switching body type, then compatible with whatever the follower is (ex: is UNP, UUNP, BHUNP, use UNP-family texture resources only... ex2: is CBBE, CBBE-3BA, CBBE-SMP, CBBE-3BBB, use CBBE-family texture resources only). <<< this because UNP-family and CBBE-family textures don't play nicely with their "opposite" family meshes.

you'll also want to make sure to check the build morphs checkbox so you can fine tune them in racemenu. (The Manipulator provides a handy hotkey for racemenuing a targeted NPC. The NPC version is limited in scope compared to the full racemenu, but it provides a lot of sliders to adjust the body for tweaking the final "product"

Oh and when manually converting old followers, (bodies only, I don't mean the esm/etc), IFF it has a custom skeleton, you'll either want to replace it with a copy of the most recently installed XPMSSE skeleton, or correct its reference by editing its esm/esl/etc in SSEEdit or similar. I just swap out the skeleton (but it's not "the best way" because XMPSSE gets updated every so often, so it's easy to forget to update the copy in the follower's meshes folder...

all the above changes after first archiving the original files before replacing just as a failsafe.

The whole process can be easy as pie, so to speak (ex: Lydia CBBE-3BA replacer mod, w high res face!) or it can get progressively more complicated (under certain choices, you'd even need to install another body model side by side with whichever one you use for your player...not end-of-the-world or anything, but it adds even more complexity) ... I run both CBBE-3BBB and BHUNP...