Armor mod kit

patterabbit

One of the best addons I have installed in Fallout 3 at this moments is without doubt "Weapon mod kits" by Antistar.

Well, after have playing the game for a while now, I realised I would also like to be able to modify my armors (without unbalancing the game) - and I think there are more people around who would like to get more ingame modification options aswell!

I'll toss some ideas I had for the armor mod kits:

*Arm shock absorber - Would look like something clumsier than for example a Bowling wrist support, extending all the way to the elbow atleast (Bowling arm wrist)

+ Reduces weapon spread from weapons by XX %

- Takes longer to reload gun(s) due to clumsy mini exo skeleton that keeps your arm/hands steady (takes more AP to shoot)

*Exoskeleton - Would function similar to powerarmor, except you can attach a external exo skeleton to your leather/combat armor for increased strenght and carrying capacity. (for example similar to exoskeleton)

+ more strenght / carrying capacity

- less agility / less mobility - must be balanced somehow

*Helmet visor(s) - Add a visor to your helmet (like a computer-monitor-visor to assist targeting)

+ Would increase targeting in V.A.T.S

- minus for perception / harder to see targets outside visor line of sight

Also, the shock absorber could be made as a weapon mod - the armor shock absorber would help all weapons by X %, but another addition is to find imborved absorvers for weapons as another modkit for "weapon mod kits" to reduce the spread further!

Well, this pretty much sums up what I had on my mind for the time beeing - please give feedback / ideas to more "Armor mod kits" and also what bonuses / drawbacks each mod should have to keep the game balanced! Hopefully a good modder will turn this into something cool & with visible additions to the ingame armor when equipped ;)

Archived