Variable nudes

rongo83

EDIT: Ninja'd by Yossarian. D'oh!

You loose coz your text is longer... written in the same minute :biggrin:

This new function of bodymeshes and bodytextures seperated for each race and male/female is a VERY HUGH improvement against oblivion. I still remember that in oblivion it was a impossible task to make a male and female bodyreplacer compatible to each other coz using same face textures. And it helps a lot for creating NPCs too.

@rongoe

It's all to set up in the race menu. But for body meshes, that are supposed for specific mods and not for all the game you must have the meshes/Textures in a individual folder.

This is not true like it was in Oblivion.
Cool, I'm really glad to hear that. Sorry about posting false information, I thought this was the same in Fallout 3 as in Oblivion.

Just had a look in the "Race" window in the GECK, and I don't know how I missed the model data in the "Body Data" tab... Sorry again, and thanks for clarifying this!

Cipscis

EDIT:

Actually, I think I might have been thinking of the skeleton - as far as I know races have to use the same skeleton. (Hopefully you'll tell me I'm wrong here too, lol)

Cipscis

Did some tinkering yesterday... unfortunately encountered a lot errors (a lot of them in the user <-> interface incompatibility a.k.a. "I'm to dumb"). It seems like the source of the files I want to add as a source for the new race has to be in the same folder as the rest ... if i place the file in a different catalog there is an error "wrong catalog" or so. If i put them in the same catalog and rename the file to differ them G.E.C.K CTD... ugh...

...it seems to hard for me - i'd have to learn everything from the start - because i cant do nothing at the moment.

So for me the idea is closed.

BTW. Quite a lot of views, eh?

I likewise would be pretty useless in helping to implement this as I'm no mesh-maker by any right, and still pretty new to the modding scene as it goes, but I think that conceptually this is a very good idea. Not necessarily limiting to nude bodies, but I think that there's a lot of immersion to be had by varying heights and body-types of different characters.

As it stands, everybody in Fallout 3, as was the case with Oblivion, is either a ripped, muscular man or a very perky woman (With the exception of children, who are both pretty androgynous). These can be altered with things like BABE, Naouak's body replacers and what-have-you, but regardless every single body is applied to every character. It would be a huge undertaking, but I think that the world would look a whole lot more interesting if there were skinny, pudgy, athletic, average and other type characters populating the world, similar to the UF3 Female Bodies mod.

To take it even further, linking these to stats like strength and agility would make it even more interesting, though I understand that's taking things too far.

As was mentioned before, I'm sure this would cause ridiculous amounts of damage insofar as killing the GetIsRace calls in various scripts, but as a general immersion mod, I think it would be superb - Like the cosmetic changes in MMM and so on. I've noticed an undertaking that has a similar but still limited effect in SickleYield's UF3 Default Armor Pack which changes body type depending on the outfit.

If someone's up to the task of also editing the male bodymeshes/textures, I think FO3 could look even better with more varied body types in NPCs and PCs alike.

HA! progress at last! I just made one of my companions look different from the rest! Things to do:

1.Get drunk

2.Download all nude most i can find

3.Get tired of downloading all of it

4.Get drunk

5.Start implementing

6a.Hit my head into a wall when something messes up -> if so go to 4.

6b.Get it done!

7.Smile stupid and then some more

8.Get drunk

9.Enjoy!

10.Brag about it!

11.If someone will be interrested -> ask for permission all used mods authors

12. Share (or not)

- cheers

Archived