ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Can I Fix a Heavily modded save?

GideoVames

So basically I have a good 80 or so mods installed (70 of them are probably graphics enhancers) and I have just got tired of them. I backed everything up and reverted my skyrim to vanilla skyrim. Obviously my saves don't work now though cause I am missing so many mods.

Is there any way to fix this? Would I have to uninstall each mod one at a time? Is there something I can do to fix the save? Or is there someway I can get a new save and mod it to have all the same quests complete and have the same stats and level? This is the 5th time I'd have to restart my skyrim save... I've never gotten past lvl 35 without breaking my game XD The first few times were because I had cloud sync off and I moved computers/hard drive failure. Then the last time was because of save bloat after uninstalling a mod the wrong way.

Is there any way to fix my saves or will I just have to start over... again....

Welcome to the real world of running many mods :P

lvl 35, really? I got lvl 28 max, have Dragonborn/Dawnguard DLCs... I did the Dawnguard quest twice (broke my game twice too :D) and never set foot in Solstheim (not once).

Unfortunately there's no way to savely safe your save (wtf) due to the nature how save games work... lot of mods become an integrated part of your game after you have used them. So removing them doesn't in fact remove them from your save... This may cause issues with your game expecting something it cannot find anymore. Mainly with scripts, but not exclusively.

Sorry but, starting a new game is your only resort. Always make a save before installing a mod and put it in a backup folder so if you want to remove the mod you don't need to start all over. I speak from experience....