A mod to get Fawkes and Butch without going through the main quest?

arthastaco

I can't seem to get it to work using the console alone, and I don't like having to go through 90% of the main quest to get Fawkes. Would this be possible? It would be awesome, and from what I remember it wouldn't mess with their respective quests too much.

I didn't want to start a whole new topic for this one, but is there a way to change the formation companions follow you? If you use a multiple companion mod and get a lot of followers, you end up with this long conga line which gets a little annoying. Could it be changed into two or three separate lines, effectively putting everyone closer to you?

I can't seem to get it to work using the console alone, and I don't like having to go through 90% of the main quest to get Fawkes. Would this be possible? It would be awesome, and from what I remember it wouldn't mess with their respective quests too much.

I didn't want to start a whole new topic for this one, but is there a way to change the formation companions follow you? If you use a multiple companion mod and get a lot of followers, you end up with this long conga line which gets a little annoying. Could it be changed into two or three separate lines, effectively putting everyone closer to you?

Not really sure about the Jericho one (didn't care for him in the beginning, and never really got him again) but for Fawkes a lot of work would need to be done. you would basically have to redo his/her dialog and that part of the quest both to not reference the quest at all, cause the second the engine goes to look for them CTD's galore :P hehe it could be done, but would require as i said A LOT of time patience and testing to make sure it didn't mess up peoples games

Forgive me if these are stupid questions, but I have NO moding experience. When you say reference the quest, do you mean that the game checks to see if you've finished the quest, or do you mean just changing the dialog to not be out of context or spoil the story? Maybe if I knew what a CTD was I could figure it out. I thought it might be a simple "is quest X done? yes or no" check that could be easily skipped, like the karma check for 0h followers hire. But like I said, I don't really know what I'm talking about.

Archived