PC Rig recommendations

DDOGFT1

Hey, I'm new at PC gaming and want to get a new gaming PC in the near future, right now, I have a pretty crappy PC that can barely play games like Fallout on Low graphic settings, so an upgrade would be nice. Also, this PC is at my moms and I live primarily at my dads, so I want to continue playing the games that I have, just at my dads. So, I want a PC that can play Skyrim at high graphic settings, and decent revolution. What should I get? I would like to get a computer whole, but wouldn't complain if it had to be built. I bought skyrim for 60 bucks a while back and cannot play it anymore, that's how bad this PC is. My price range is under $1000. Thanks

*Resolution

I'm going to leave this for the more experienced people here. Also because I lack motivation atm. It should be easy to get a PC that runs Skyrim and Fallout 3 on ultra settings at a good framerate and resolution for $1000.

Just a couple tips.

-I don't recommend a CPU with 8 cores. More than 4 cores is a waste of heat and power for Fallout, Skyrim and most current-gen games.

-Aim for about a $200 video card like a GTX 660 or an HD 7870. That's the kind of video card you'd need to put Skyrim on ultra settings with good framerates (50-60 fps). The video card will probably be the single most expensive part of the PC.

Edited by Rennn

I actually built a system for a friend of mine a couple of months ago for about $1000. Currently, she is playing Skyrim on "Ultra-High" settings. It had an 3rd gen i5 processor, 16 GB of RAM, a GeForce GTX 660, a 128 GB solid state drive with Windows 8 loaded on it, and a 1 TB drive for all of her crap. Oh, her boot times is in the range of thirty seconds.

Now, that is with a custom built. You're not getting that good of a system pre-assembled from manufacturers such as Dell, HP, or Lenovo, who are known to overprice their systems. My recommendation is to build your own system, as your dollar will go the furthest with a custom built system.

Edited by DarkWarrior45