Glimmering Castle Mod

jonesjoshuar

Within the next 30 minutes or so, I will be posting a the BETA version of this mod:

The link will be HERE:

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=22843

the original post with screens:

http://thenexusforums.com/index.php?showtopic=101047

This is a completely functional castle for your character. Minor scripts for secrets. Unique and grand theme. Generally fun. More storage and displays than you probably need. New weapons and if i can get them to work right new armor (retextured on both).

I prefer bugs and errors be PM'd to me

My email is HERE:

[email protected]

Be detailed as you can. Especially location. The bug/error etc.

try not to do it here. READ THE README!!!!! it tells how to get to the glimmering castle. It also addresses KNOWN errors and bugs. I will add your bugs/errors to the list. Check the next post it will be a list of known bugs are there as well as fixed ones. Thanks ahead for the info!

LOW LEVELS: DO NOT go into the dungeon. I tried at level one and died...oh so fast.

This is a home mod that constently is expanding. Planned for the future:

1. Mannequins. Must...figure them out....to have...

(should be noted that i have spots FOR the mannequins, can add more if you want)

2. Populate the Glimmering Keep, adding MG and FG and the bloodguard. Maybe even a necromancer guild

3. Build interior cells for courtyard buildings and ideas.

a. BANK - interest on your gold? yeah! Maybe items for collateral?

b. INN - with possibly a harem... Nothing raunchy guys. more of a quest idea anyway

c. MAKE A SUGGESTION!

d. MAKE A SUGGESTION!

e. MAKE A SUGGESTION!

4. Create routines for npcs

5. Create quests for guilds, certain npcs

6. An attack quest in which you use the control panel to "lock down" the castle.

7. The Gate keep interior.

8. Village - just in idea phase

9. Harbor - just in idea phase

10. like to see something else....say so...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfixed BUGS:

1. Yes some portals and doors do not lead anywhere. Those are planned for later. :)

2. Dungeon is dungous and UNLEVELED. Balance has not been tested.

3. yes In my texture folder i used stock textures. The reason is that i can change one file and the texture will update throughout the entire theme. If i decide on a better texture it saves time. If you want to retexture my sets, it will save YOU time too.

4. Some of your normal maps suck. i am aware of this. Specially of the gold piles. If you can make a better n map i would be in your dept. Some of my tapestries has place holder maps and not maps that fit them. If you want to do those again i would be grateful.

5. You custom mesh gold pile has no collision. I still trying to figure that one out. I work on it and it crashes

3dsmax. So collision boxes keep you from swimming in gold. :)

FIXED BUGS:

I'd love to download, but my comp is from 2002 :wallbash:

I have a stupid Geforce4 Mx 440....

:wallbash:

:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Still i should be getting a new comp soon! :mellow:

Just some coolness hit the 1000 download milestone. Currently trying to figure out how Renzod mannequin scripts. Going through see whats called when how its called etc... :) So hopefull some mannequins will be added. i think though i am going to go through scripting tutorials first. I know coding but there alot different. At least, i can use the principles. Loops ( though not sure if that would be efficient in these cases) ifs and i need to learn how they do and call classes, and functions...:P