Glimmering Castle Mod

jonesjoshuar

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Traditionaly a castle has had a village on the outer most edges. An outer court where the Guards, Stable, Smith, Armory and other such amanities are locate. The inner court which is Castle structure with the vast lower chambers used by the servants, guards (and many times prisoners)as well as the upper chambers for the king, his family and court.

I'm only guessing at the lay out that Jones has for now, since I'm currently downloading and plan on playing some time later today.

Traditionaly a cassle has had a village on the outer most edges. An inner court where the Guards, Stable, Smith, Armory and other such amanities are locate. The Caslte is then the inner most structure with the vast lower chambers used by the servants, guards (and many times prisoners) and the upper chambers for the king, family and court.

I'm only guessing at the lay out that Jones has for now, since I'm currently downloading and plan on playing some time later today.

You are right on that by the way although i think there are exceptions but i cannot remember. I still take some liberties. The Town lays outside of the castle and fortifications. When I designed the castle I was thinking, if this castle was to be attack what would be the worst nightmare of a sieging army. Having several layers of defense. The courtyard though is still in tact. I love the courtyard, it wouldnt go if i had to let the village sink into the ocean.

The town is going to be quite large. Larger in truth than I anticipated. As i go through the town, it just feels like it needs a little more umph. I think i am going to add a moat around the castle if I can avoid losing some aesthetics. The moat wil be a white stone lined channel around the castle. I believe add this will give it a bit more eye candy to the castle. im going to try to do it in one pass without a save to see how it looks. Thats tonight project. Lets pray cs is nice and doesnt crash.

that is annoying isnt it? good luck with it.

if you're going to do a moat, you ought to make it bleed into or from a stream or nearby lake for asethetic value. just my suggestion though.

Better include a map for the castle for first time users, I found my self lost jumping thru mage portals till I was on the roof. Place is as big as WarKirby huge castle but with more rooms to lose your self in.

Better include a map for the castle for first time users, I found my self lost jumping thru mage portals till I was on the roof. Place is as big as WarKirby huge castle but with more rooms to lose your self in.

What i plan to do is break up the bedroom in particular. I created it and ==I== get lost. Almost Unuseable lost. I do not like it. So I am going to break apart the towers from the main part of the bedroom. Seperate cells will lead to better mapping and navigation. I have not fixed that yet but i will.