Glimmering Castle Mod

jonesjoshuar

That's great news! I was hesitant to mention this but the textures seems a tad too tiled/repeating for me.

I some respects they are, but it suited my tastes. Also. I update some textures myself. Add some new banners for Glimmerstone Castle.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
Is this still being worked on? Would be a shame if such a great project would sink away..

This is still being worked on, I pulled back alot of time from modding do to a rather insistant 5 mo old. There is no real team in this so, if i do not do it, production lags. The process is just kinda lagged of recent. I usually work on it 1 or 2 hours a night and not the before 6 hours.

I figured i would have more production pumped out so i might go ahead and release what i have. I am sure though now that for every bug i fixed there are now 5 more in the list. Towns take so much to make them seem alive. As it stands i still do not have courtyard interiors done. 99% of the town interiors are done. I have like 1 and half interiors to do. I have beautified the city alot but not the beaches. I am also thinking i am going to need some sewers, but i really do not want to retexture them due to the already large file size of 100 mb.

I currently working on an inn with a rentable dining room. and Perhaps multiple rooms. (price differences suites and then there is just the regular)

The other building interior is going to be a museum i think. Then there will be fletcher, a bank, a jewlery store and off the top i forget the other one in the couryard.

I currently need to start working on the pathing grid for the town. The few townies with AI have a tendency to walk in to parts of the moat instead of using the bridges.

Cheers, I was afraid you stopped working on it.

I'll try the current version after I'm back from college, also - a Museum would be a great idea. though there are quite a load of display cases already :rolleyes:

Cheers, I was afraid you stopped working on it.

I'll try the current version after I'm back from college, also - a Museum would be a great idea. though there are quite a load of display cases already :rolleyes:

The museum would not be for player use. Just something to add quests for or just to have in general.

But the castle is owned by the player yes? So wouldn't that indirectly mean the player would own the museum too?

Also - I thought someone volunteered to help you with the mod, or atleast the textures?

Either way - good job so far, I luv it.

Edit: Very sick, I ran through the whole castle and village which - due to its size - took a while, certainly the largest castle mod out there. I'd say it has potential to be the greatest one too (when the interiors are finished, and the place 'll be more decorated. plants etc, mabye a garden) the textures and meshes are certainly looking hawt. the tapestries add something unique too, and I'm surprised you got THAT damn far on your own, flawless work! (You really put a lot of time and effort into this, that's for sure)

But the castle is owned by the player yes? So wouldn't that indirectly mean the player would own the museum too?

Also - I thought someone volunteered to help you with the mod, or atleast the textures?

Either way - good job so far, I luv it.

Edit: Very sick, I ran through the whole castle and village which - due to its size - took a while, certainly the largest castle mod out there. I'd say it has potential to be the greatest one too (when the interiors are finished, and the place 'll be more decorated. plants etc, mabye a garden) the textures and meshes are certainly looking hawt. the tapestries add something unique too, and I'm surprised you got THAT damn far on your own, flawless work! (You really put a lot of time and effort into this, that's for sure)

You have lordship over the town, not owning it. You have a responsibility to it. There is intended at this point to be two paths to follow for this castle. "light" and "dark" Perhaps the darkside bonus would be to "claim" the museum. So all the valuable goodies inside will in turn be yours.

Some one is helping with the textures, however, real life happens to them as well. I sent him a pm to get the textures from him but have yet to hear back. Rather than wait i released it. If he does and if he doesnt wont matter. I mod for me and if someone wants to help a little thats fine, but mostly im good.

I seen some of his textures were nice though. I more of a frankenstien of the texturing world and not a creator.

As far as the castle goes, should I add planters in the castle? To have some live plants i think WOULD like great and the large corridors allow for this.

The castle still needs a bit of work, but when i get tired of working on a particular item i move to something else for a bit. I but some "easter eggs" in the game of my favorite books. There will be a quest to collect them from their owners and which you will receive a custom sword made by UK47: Heron marked blade. I am wanting to make a fishing quest to hunt slaughter fish.

A word of warning about the release is that if you cheat to get into the places that are "locked" You might break later quests.

I plan on a thieves guild type quests too. One being stealing large gems from the main places around the Town (gifts of the mining guild). I normally do not play as a thief so i really do not know much of that side of oblivion. So are there quests that people would like on that front? If i get any ideas this might goto the chopping block.