How to Detect missing nif files

Barzing

Hello,

Is there any way, mod, applications, xEdit/zEdit script to detect missing NIF files from mods ?

missing NIF files are source of CTD

i had to recover my files from a corrupted HD and there are missing files, i need to find them.

Most of my load order works but i miss some nif files, and i don't know how to find them.

Thanks.

Now, I'm no expert on this, but it seems to me that one could just re-install the mod(s) and recover the nifs. Any previous save you have should not be affected, so you could effectively re-install and the nif files will function again. At least this has been my experience.

Now, I'm no expert on this, but it seems to me that one could just re-install the mod(s) and recover the nifs. Any previous save you have should not be affected, so you could effectively re-install and the nif files will function again. At least this has been my experience.

Yes, but you need to know which nif file is missing to be able to reinstall the corresponding mod.

I can imagine a tool that go through all esp mods, get a list of nif files and check if each nif file exist in your mesh directory. I can't imagine noone created this already, the only difficulty i can see is when the nif file is in a BSA file.