Haul off the dead...

keithbk

I think it would be nice for a mod to deal with the dead bodies lying around towns after attacks or assassinations.

After all, if you fight a dragon in Riften, there may be 6 or more dead soldiers lying around in the aftermath. Citizens stop by and say, "Oh my, what happened here?" but that is about it...

What if the noticing of a dead body triggers the arrival of a man with a cart (cart arrives empty, card departs with a shroud-covered body), who then hauls off the body?

I've had situations where I have had a dead body lying in town or a tavern for days (especially the "traveling bard" from the Dawnguard "kill the vampire" radiant quest) and it never seems to disappear. It would be nice to have some immersive way to clean up the mess.

Hi

I think this is a cool idea and most things it needs are already in the game carts exist as do priests for the local halls of the dead

for things killed within the walls though that arent human such as vampires all the way down to wolfs or dragons i think a different faction should deal with the remains such as hunters for animals vigilants of stendarr for vamps and greybeards for dragons

The dead "naturally" vanish in a day or so in my game. A cell transition is enough to clear them. (I thought that's how things just worked... no?)

go elsewhere (ex: inside from outside), come back (ex: outside from inside) and they're gone.

If you need something more immediate, or if that isn't the native behavior in your game, something like this might help

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/10614/

PS> there are other dead body cleaner helpers (I think), so don't take that as your only option. (I used to have one that allowed you to either burn bodies using flame spell - immediate - and also auto-managed their removal)

a search made like this

"skyrim special edition" + (whatever you're looking for)

ex: (using duck) "skyrim special edition dead body clean remove"

usually returns quite few candidate results

good luck!