need help concerning with npc dialogue

dmachine

I've been playing with a self created race. Everything works pretty well except for the fact that some npc's use "madame" to address my male character.

I first noticed this when I talked to Arrille with his disposition being at 90. I went and checked through his dialogue, and the condition for him calling a character madame is samesex=1, which shouldn't have caused a problem.

Can anybody enlighten me to what the source of the problem could be?

This is not a problem specific to your race, or user-created races in general -- besides that, the reason for the problem has been right in front of you all along:

I went and checked through his dialogue, and the condition for him calling a character madame is samesex=1 [...] .

Arrille is male, correct? That would mean that a member of the same sex would also be male, and thus the dialog condition will hold true.

Well it's because I also asked the same question in gamefaqs forum, and somebody informed me that when a male npc has the condition of samesex=1, he's suppose to use that line on a female as opposed to the condition of samesex=0.

So, if the condition is not suppose to be samesex=1, could there be something wrong with my copy of morrowind?

I tried to uninstall everything and delete all the mods to have a clean installation.

When I did that and checked arrille's dialogue again, it still has the same problem, any more ideas?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived