The Japanese Modding Community

JohnGrimm

I've lurked around the Oblivion and Fallout 3 modding communities for a while, grabbing at what amazing mods I can. Yet one thing perplexes me, the Japanese Modding Community. It seems like it's all very hush hush and we're not allowed to talk about it.

Some secret society brimming with bright florescent Final Fantasy armors and equally absurd bright and crazy hairstyles.

So what exactly is the deal with the Japanese modding community? Why is it so outside our radar?

I've lurked around the Oblivion and Fallout 3 modding communities for a while, grabbing at what amazing mods I can. Yet one thing perplexes me, the Japanese Modding Community. It seems like it's all very hush hush and we're not allowed to talk about it.

Some secret society brimming with bright florescent Final Fantasy armors and equally absurd bright and crazy hairstyles.

So what exactly is the deal with the Japanese modding community? Why is it so outside our radar?

Maybe because they are half way around the world? lol j/k, who knows, maybe they are massing for a major storm in the fallout world so they release finals of everything all at once to achieve DOMINATION! (evil laughter) lol, i really have no idea to tell you the truth just trying to be funny (probably failed epically)

JohnGrimm, if you're referring to Japanese people who mod the game, I've no idea whether they visit this forum.

But if you're referring to the modders who usually make anime/manga/j-game items, I think there's a slight stigma against that type of items.

The Kamen Rider is also from the Japanese Modding Community. And we all know that soon, they'll strike by releasing pilotable Acguys, Scopedogs, Zaku IIs, Dom Trompens and a Captain Bright character with fully functioning Brightslap/BRIGHTPAAAANCH script to make the Enclave competent.

There are several Japanese modders who regularly post their mods on the Nexus. However, the Japanese mod community has different rules than we go by. They tend to get very upset if someone posts one of their mods without the author's permission. As do some other modders. Due to the language barrier it is often difficult to get that permission. However, We have a policy of following their wishes in this.

So, if you see something you like - try to contact the author. Be very polite in your request. Remember that your request is likely to be translated by a computer translating program so keep it simple. And don't be upset if you are turned down. If you can find a bi-lingual Japanese/English speaker it will be much easier.

If you do post one of their mods without the author's permission, expect to be banned.

Bben46, Moderator

There are several Japanese modders who regularly post their mods on the Nexus. However, the Japanese mod community has different rules than we go by. They tend to get very upset if someone posts one of their mods without the author's permission. As do some other modders. Due to the language barrier it is often difficult to get that permission. However, We have a policy of following their wishes in this.

So, if you see something you like - try to contact the author. Be very polite in your request. Remember that your request is likely to be translated by a computer translating program so keep it simple. And don't be upset if you are turned down. If you can find a bi-lingual Japanese/English speaker it will be much easier.

If you do post one of their mods without the author's permission, expect to be banned.

Bben46, Moderator

Well alrighty then. My problem is I can't find them to begin with. Is there some twilight zone Japanese Fallout3Nexus?

That.. that man has girl's panties on his head...

Well for Oblivion the 2ch forums had a few fantastic crossovers. I would suggest you find a highly competent Bilingual and ask them to search for a few websites in Japanese. If you really want to stretch your horizons a bit do the same for Chinese and Korean.