Just got Morrowind.

AzirAphale001

I've just gotten Morrowind GotY Edition and I have a few questions.

1. Is the Game of the Year edition updated with the latest patch?
  2. Does it contain both expansions?
  3. Are there any official plug-ins for Morrowind?
  4. If so are they included?
  5. Will it run on XP and/or Vista?
  6. What mods do everyone here suggest?

I probably should have doen this earlier but it never occured to me...

I'm pretty sure the official plug-ins are included with the GOTY edition. I believe they are also packaged together in one .esp on this site also, as they were free downloads. As far as mod suggestions, there is already a topic covering this, it's more preference than anything which is different for everyone.

The top ones I would suggest are mostly graphic changes, particularly Morrowind Graphics Extender, Better Heads, and Better Bodies. With those three alone, the Morrowind experience rivals that of Oblivion concerning graphics, visible distant land, and character models.

If you haven't played Morrowind at all however, you may want to try the Vanilla version first, and keep in mind it is nowhere near as forgiving as Oblivion is. It is all the more rewarding, though.

Morrowind is the best experience ever. The open free to explore, endless environment, levitation, enchantment- amazing!

If you haven't played it before, I say go with vanilla. If you want to mod, I say go for the graphics initially.

If you have played it before, do what you want :)

I would definitely start with Galsiah's Character Development. The vanilla character upgrade system just does not cut the mustard, with all the maximizing of skills for specific upgrades. That, plus Better Bodies and the various Less Generic NPCs mods (all fixes to appearances) would be my absolute minimum of mods.

BTW, I envy anyone who can play this for the first time.

Archived