Star Trek Uniform

kirk1827

I've only seen one and its for females only and not very good. (no offense intended to it's author, he did his best) I know this is easy to make. If only someone would do it. I'd try but I dont know how.

I've only seen one and its for females only and not very good. (no offense intended to it's author, he did his best) I know this is easy to make. If only someone would do it. I'd try but I dont know how.

How can you say that it is easy if you've never done it? :confused:

Well I haven't made any mods myself, and buy the looks of it, you haven't either or you,d know that you can take an ingame uniform and color it to your liking. The only problem is figuring out were your shoulder or crotch would be because the uniform come dismantled. but I've tried and I almost gotten it. Ya so I do think its easy, I'm just lazy. LOL

Sorry, but it is easy if you know were each piece of uniform is and goes. Even a two year old can color. And a three year old will color inside the line, so I think I can do it. As I said the only hard part is knowning what goes were. So... back to coloring.

Live Long and Prosper. LOL

First of all, the uniform that Nimrod made was released as a BETA, say it with me now, B, E, T, A,

which means it's not done yet, there has been talk about how to do a better uniform, and the best method involves more than a simple texture, but multiple meshes and armour addons,

Atarfleet combadge

rather than a part of the texture, a seperate mesh with it's own texture would be best, similar to the Lucas Simms badge, only smaller and placed on the left side of the torso rather than the right.

shirt/pants

most variants of the uniform involve both shirt and pants, though they have a tendency to kindof blur together they are there, while unitards are used in TNG (and especially in TMP, though WOK to UC used the most realistic Starfleet uniforms) allot of the actual uniforms are two piece, even in TNG.

also depends on which era you want the uniform to be based off of,

TOS, (the classic uniforms)

The Motion Picture (the worst uniforms)

Wrath of Khan-Undiscovered Country (best uniforms, but hardest to make, doubt a re texture of the Enclave uniform would work terribly well.)

TNG (almost as bad as the motion picture uniforms, this is when the enterprise bridge became a slumber party living room, there were still the odd two piece variant like TOS, but they were relatively rare.)

Voyager and early DS9 (a bit better than TNG, but still not great, two piece suits were the norm)

late DS9, First Contact - Nemesis (2nd best uniforms, but best uniforms post Kirk and easiest of the good ones to make. practically all of these are two piece, with virtually no unitards)

I would propose the Late DS9 ones, the Grey shoulders on black shirt, pants and boots, with only the undershirt/collar as colour as well as of course a stripe on either sleeve.

like what the other people are saying, if you think it isn't hard, do so yourself, don't act all high and mighty and demand things you think you deserve for no reason other than your "status" as a Trekkie.

just getting the textures mapped is one thing, getting them to look good is another.

you could always rip some textures from Star Trek Elite force II if you so desire, though a Hazard team uniform would be even more complex (requiring the "suspenders" to be a seperate addon mesh otherwise they will look as painted on as they did in the game)

also you need to texture in folds and such, similar to the Vault Jumpsuit, probably have the same basic level of reflection too, remember even starfleet uniforms for the most part aren't quite skin tight and even skin has folds.

Sorry, but it is easy if you know were each piece of uniform is and goes. Even a two year old can color. And a three year old will color inside the line, so I think I can do it. As I said the only hard part is knowning what goes were. So... back to coloring.

Colour inside the line? You really have no idea. Open a texture sometime, and look at the detail put into even a flat colour... geez.

what's with the naked guy... you should have at least some kind of warning or something there, I know Fallout 3 is rated for Mature audiences only and that there are entire threads about nude mesh's and textures but still,

this is a Star Trek Thread, I suggest you remove it.

the words in your post seem to give a veneer of civility, but your attached image tells a different story, that of a Troll in a billy goat's clothing.

Archived