Talking animals?

Lehcar

No... seriously. I WISH I was joking.

For some reason, this same bit of unvoiced dialogue keeps popping up in my game. Random NPC's keep saying it to me constantly, even though it doesn't make sense to anything that I've done in the game (I have no allowed ANY allies to die in battle, ever). Animals like horses, dogs and pigeons keep saying it to me as well...

Does anyone recognize this dialogue, or experienced a similar problem? I honestly cannot figure out what's going on here.

http://i41.tinypic.com/5e7tlj.jpg

Here's a question, what mods have you installed recently and when have you noticed it? This... Wow. I'm completely dumbfoundedly stumped. I think it's because it's hilarious that a horse is chastising the Dragonborn for being lazy.

I haven't really installed any brand new mods, beside "Real Clouds". I recently updated Inconsequential NPC's, and I removed a mod called "Owned" because it was rife with conflicts and bugs, which outweighed it's usefulness. I noticed it happening after that.

Edited by Lehcar

That's funny.

That line is from 'Inconsequential NPCs', and two users have reported this (but only with NPCs, not animals). But I can't reproduce this issue after 20+ hours of playing since the last update. I suspect there is some mod out there that is playing with the dialogue structure for 'hellos' but I do not know which one (I am running 160+ mods). At any rate, the next update will have different conditions for that line of dialogue, which hopefully should address the issue.

Incidentally, have you joined the Stormcloaks yet?

Edited by ripple

That's funny.

That line is from 'Inconsequential NPCs', and two users have reported this (but only with NPCs, not animals). But I can't reproduce this issue after 20+ hours of playing since the last update. I suspect there is some mod out there that is playing with the dialogue structure for 'hellos' but I do not know which one (I am running 160+ mods). At any rate, the next update will have different conditions for that line of dialogue, which hopefully should address the issue.

Incidentally, have you joined the Stormcloaks yet?

Yes, my character is a Stormcloak, currently in the middle of the Stormcloak questline...

I figured out it was from Inconsequential NPC's after deactivating the mod and testing out my saves; however I can't figure out what's causing it to do that. I'll check over for conflicts in TESedit. :sad:

Hmm. I'm not sure if it's causing the problem, but it does seem to have a dialogue conflict with "Guard Dialogue Overhaul". There are also some dialogue conflicts with "Ultimate Follower Overhaul" too. I think I'll remove it for now, and hopefully the issue will be resolved in a future update...

Hmm. I'm not sure if it's causing the problem, but it does seem to have a dialogue conflict with "Guard Dialogue Overhaul". There are also some dialogue conflicts with "Ultimate Follower Overhaul" too. I think I'll remove it for now, and hopefully the issue will be resolved in a future update...

There is absolutely no conflict between InconNPCs and GDO (which I use) or with UFO (but since UFO does not support the latest official update or the Dragonborn DLC, I do not provide support for UFO). This issue is also not caused by GDO's toggle for the special guard dialogue topics (I've tested).

Anyway, the issue seems to have mysteriously disappeared with 1.6a.

Edited by ripple