Game [i] Lockups [/i]

Crim, The Red Thunder

Like the topic says, this isnt really about CTD's... (Although i do have that...)

I have CONSISTENTLY been experienceing random game lockups. It's not loading anything (After 30 MINUTES!!!!!) i cannot do anything, music is no longer playing, and i can not force the program to close. I have to go through my PC's 10 minute boot sequence from a hard reboot EVERY time this happens, and then wait for morrowind to start up again.

I have noticed this happening MOST OFTEN after a battle ends, and the music stops. Then everything just locks up. Im not running any background programs, i havent done anything strange, and i have been having this problem consistently...

I meet all the requirements from the back of the morrowind cd case. (and i DONT use windows 2000/XP, so dont need the extra RAM...)

Any help?

shoulda mentioned this sooner, but would it make a difference that im not using the original music files from morrowind anymore? (Or at least, i added some... the originals are all still there and i have confirmed that all the ones i added (i think) will load correctly in both directions of the battle/explore transition...

While were at it, if i do reformat the drive, can i restore everything that used to be there from a backup (Except morrowind)? Or do i have to do everything manually?

(Which would be a pain, since almost ALL of my stuff is a result of downloading from a 56k modem.... yes i know thats pathetic... and it would take MONTHS for me to get everything back... and some stuff i COULDNT get back...)

Archived