Bodyslide/Outfit Studio Issues with Body Morphing

SN1P1NGW0LF

So I've been trying to convert an armor replacer I use in LE to SE/AE, but I've ran into an issue: the body doesn't morph with the armor when I move sliders.

The weirdest part of it is that it has happened in two scenarios when troubleshooting, the first is with using BHUNP (which I am using because it is basically a high-poly UUNP, making most UUNP outfits compatible with minimal edits), where I will swap out the body reference, conform and copy weights, and the body just won't morph. The second is when I leave the body reference alone and leave it with the UUNP, where it still doesn't morph (I believe this is either due to not having UUNP installed or due to errors made by the original mod author).

I simply don't know what to do about this anymore, it is frustrating and I've already had to scrap work I have done on basically all of the armors between the base game and all DLC outfits.

Any help is appreciated.

Note: As a bit of extra testing, the issue seems to be with the conform tool, as swapping the body reference and only doing that seems to have the body conforming properly, but I still need a solution as this can cause issues later, especially where physics and RaceMenu sliders are involved.

Edited by SN1P1NGW0LF

This would be easier to troubleshoot in the Bodyslide Discord, but let me see if I understand correctly what you're doing.

After converting a UUNP armor replacer from LE to SE, you then want to convert it to BHUNP? I assume you're following the conversion process using the UUNP to BHUNP conversion reference that comes with BHUNP? When you reach step 7 and load the body reference, make sure you're loading the "advanced" body reference (per the authors instructions on the BHUNP page - "For modders note: Use Advanced body as a reference body when you make bodyslides for armor.")

The other thing to check is if the original armor piece has transforms. This will prevent you from doing most things in OS until you clear them.

This would be easier to troubleshoot in the Bodyslide Discord, but let me see if I understand correctly what you're doing.

After converting a UUNP armor replacer from LE to SE, you then want to convert it to BHUNP? I assume you're following the conversion process using the UUNP to BHUNP conversion reference that comes with BHUNP? When you reach step 7 and load the body reference, make sure you're loading the "advanced" body reference (per the authors instructions on the BHUNP page - "For modders note: Use Advanced body as a reference body when you make bodyslides for armor.")

The other thing to check is if the original armor piece has transforms. This will prevent you from doing most things in OS until you clear them.

The issue with the BHUNP body had suddenly stopped happening and I don't know why. I am using that conversion guide, it's honestly the only reason I understand Bodyslide and Outfit Studio enough to be willing to try this rather than waiting for another person with equally too much time on their hands to do it (though I wish there was a Vanilla to BHUNP conversion reference so I could have an easier time converting Creation Club items...). I am not using the UUNP to BHUNP conversion reference though as it simply isn't in the files for BHUNP, and checking the bodies side-by-side in Outfit Studio has confirmed my theory that they are essentially the same outside of polygon count. I haven't had an issue with transforms yet as far as I know, so I will keep an eye out for that as I try to redo all of these.

My biggest concern now is more trial and error, as a lot of things that I've found as far as tips for conform and bone weight search radiuses seems to be wrong. For example I'll see people saying to set it to 20 when in the case of the armors I'm working with, 2 or 3 seems to be the sweet spot to minimize the amount of clipping I have to fix in each slider option, so I could use some tips on that sort of stuff.

Note: I now have to download an update to BHUNP as I apparently missed the author uploading a new version in the past month.

Edited by SN1P1NGW0LF