More reasons to take Gunslinger.

Zephyer

Kudos to cmosbob for fulfilling my wish for a descent breaktop based on the .32 pistol! It was a simple mod, which was exactly what I asked for, and it works perfectly.

However, Frodric gave me a great idea, suggesting that I request a Webley mod. It was a great idea, it's a beautiful gun, had a massive production run in it's original .455 Webley calibre, and in fact is still produced today in .38/200. But why stop there? I think the wastes could use a nice variety of useful handguns. Another breaktop revolver that was quite popular at one time was the Schofield model 3 top break, which is also a beautiful gun, and came chambered in both .44 and .45 long colt.

Another revolver with alot of personality that would serve a slightly different purpose would be the Mateba autorevolver. Chambered in .357 and .44 as well as .454 Casull, the Mateba could have the advantages of less spread due to the more easily handled recoil caused by the barrel alignment, and faster fire rate (consequently, perhaps, less AP required in VATS), trading these advantages off for a little less durability, as it's a more precise piece of equipment requiring more maintenance. Another weapon that would work along these lines would be the Webley-Fosbery autorevolver, though it doesn't have the recoil-reducing barrel alignment. It looks very similar to the original Webley, however, and if one modeled the Webley, they could most likely just reskin the model to make a Webley-Fosbery.

Of course, these are just a few revolvers that came to mind, as I'm a big fan of revolvers. All told, I'd like to see alot more one-handed guns in general, for those of us out there who'd like to stick to the Gunslinger concept.

Just some food for thought, I suppose, in case any modders/modelers are looking for a project.

Archived