ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Alduin's Rise

FennecFyre

"Just asking, is there a way to get in? or do you worship the priest somewhere else?" The man looks at the Dumner in disgust. Just then Artago notices a tired out, scrawny nord male. Artago walks up to the man. "Gunmar?" "what are you doing here in whiterun?" The Dumner helps his old friend up and into an alley. "What of the Dawnguard? what happened?"

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aela's expression changed from her usual look of scorn to incredulity, then suspicion. She darted a look towards the doors of the hall, then back to Edwin. "Why do you want to know about him?" she asked. "For that matter, what is there to know about him?" grumbled Vignar, joining them. "He's the resident Dragon Priest. A Lich. Can break a man's will with his mind." His hand moved unconsciously to the handle of his weapon. "Those are powers no being, mortal or not, should possess."

"I don't know why we don't just storm the place," growled one of the men at the table. "I've carved my way through hordes of bandits, why would those walking corpses be any different?"

"Quiet, Farkas." hissed one of the other men, who appeared very similar in build and appearance. "The moment we got through those doors, he'd thrall us."

"Why not go in when he's out on the balcony?" countered Farkas. "Whenever that damn dragon pays him a visit, a contingent of Draugr go with him to the balcony. We could stroll in, smash some things up, maybe find his phylactery while we're at it."

(Got a new possible idea for a plan while writing this. Do we proceed with the distraction-and-balcony-climbing-plan, or wait until he's out on the balcony, then charge in through the main door? The second idea might mean we actually get to do some fighting, but it's up to you guys.)

----------------------------------

Sivari's back straightened as Abdul muttered his warning. Without turning her head, she peered out of the corner of her eye at the Khajiit. He was pretending not to pay attention to them, but she noticed that a point on his black hood stood up, suggesting he had one ear directed towards them. An injured-looking farmer with a bandage across half his face laying on a nearby altar moaned in pain, and the cat's eyes briefly flicked towards the man.

Sivari's heart thumped in her chest.

His eyes were red, blood-red, not amber as some Khajiits possessed, and his thin, bladelike pupils were golden. Elongated fangs poked out from under his upper lip.

Vampire.

Throughout Sivari's childhood, she had heard stories of vampires attacking villages and draining their victims dry. They weren't a threat to be taken lightly. Sivari silently gestured for them to move into an alcove, where they would be less easily heard. "Who is that?" she asked the Nord priestess.

"I don't know. He's been seen around a few times, but nobody knows what he's here for, and nobody's tried to find out. The Khajiit caravans left a week ago, so he's not with them."

"Did you know he might be a vampire, hm?"

The woman looked taken aback. "Well, no. He keeps his face hooded. But, all are welcome in Kynareth's domain and--"

"Sivari's sure they are. Just keep him away from the sick here." She shifted. "Now, Hevnoraak. Know anything about him?"

"Not much other than gossip. A while back I spoke with a farmer who had gone in to make an appeal for his imprisoned brother and got a beating for it." She gestured towards the injured man in the main room. "You could speak with him."

(I can rewrite that if you'd rather him not be a vamp, Keanu.)

The man's bleary eyes worked to focus on the Dunmer. "Artago? By the Eight, I haven't seen you since you left us. How are you, old friend?" He sighed when Artago asked what happened to the Dawnguard. "It's been hard for all of us. We help Skyrim's citizens where we can, but the vampires are getting bolder, and we hear about attacks almost every night. Can't count on these undead guards to anything, though." He leaned in, fixing Artago with a haunted look. "They say Harkon, you know, the vampire lord in that old castle, allied himself with Alduin, giving him information in exchange for protection. Vampire spies, Artago, working with Alduin. The world really has ended."

Hulda sighed as the newcomer got into a fight with two drunkards. "Those two needed a sound thrashing," she said, then glared at the door. "But did you really need to break down my door?" She turned back to Tordin, waiting expectantly. "Repairs cost money, you know." Something she had precious little of these days.

As she waited, the resident bard approached, clapping Tordin on the back. "About time somebody taught those brigands a lesson." he said, "Hevnoraak's been hiring a few bandits as extra security outside the city, mostly to keep the farmers in line." Mikhael sat on a nearby barstool, favoring a bandaged leg. "Not much of a music lover, though."

(asagkjgkjd You guys have no idea how hard it was to find relevant info for the NPCs to give out.)

Edited by FennecFyre

(It doesn't need changing; I like it the way it is)

"Sivari, I'm more than certain that you can handle this on your own. I'll keep an eye on our mutual "friend", do some counter-intelligence." He gazed over his shoulder, "Just to be sure." Abdul rummaged through one of his pockets and pulled out an Amulet of Kynarenth, offering it to the priestess, "My father was a weapon-smith back in Blackmarsh, but he knew how to make a trinket or two on the side. I don't have much use for it myself, not anymore at least. I know it isn't much..." he dropped it in her hand, "but anything to help the temple. Times are difficult, especially nowadays." He nodded and excused himself promptly.

As he returned, Abdul noticed that the Khajiit had vanished, only to be replaced by a foul odor. "He's still in here. Aghh....a shapeshifter, how perfect." He directed his ears around the room, listening for abnormalities, waiting for an opportunity. This part of the room was empty, save for a few souls here and there, isolated from one another. As he stepped forward, Abdul's robe was sliced open from the left as a sword ripped into his arm. A howling cry pierced the air as the Argonian fell to the ground, ribbons of blood gushing onto the floor. He quickly reached for his poniard, but when he flipped himself onto his back, there was nothing there. "The b*stard's invisible!"

The air was ripped again by the invisible assailant, this time, sinking the sword completely through his leg. Abdul uttered a second wretched cry, "BY OBLIVION! Show yourself you coward!" He attempted to rise, but sank beneath the weight of his injured leg. As he laid there in agony, he felt himself being dragged towards the door. With his good leg snared, it was difficult to escape, but Abdul refused to surrender, "Oh no, you are NOT taking me to Hevnoraak! Not without a fight!" Mustering his strength, the Argonian slammed in his leg into his attacker with yet another scream of agony. The force was so great, that the Khajiit was forced out into the open, hissing with rage as he loomed over the Argonian, fangs exposed. He pinned Abdul's shoulders against the ground and leaned in with a ravenous look in his eyes, "Finally- it's feeding time!" But before he could sink his teeth into Abdul's neck, he thrusted his poniard into the vampire's chest, and with a terrible screech, it collapsed dead onto his body. With considerable strength, he pushed the monster off of him and crawled over to the nearest column. Blood was pouring out of him and he could feel his head lighten as his vision blurred, "Damn it...damn it, this isn't good..."

Edited by Keanumoreira

"Farkas, I'll take your idea into consideration." Farkas gave a thumbs up to Edwin. "Another question, when does this dragon usually visit?" Edwin asked. "Every month, it should be coming very soon." replied Aela. Suddenly her eyes start darting around the room for a few seconds. "I smell something" Aela exclaimed. Farkas stood from his seat, "So do I". All that Edwin could smell was the stench of wet dog that the Companions emitted. "OVER THERE!" yelled Aela and she threw a knife at the wall. The knife didn't hit the wall, instead it flew right into a person's forehead. He was under an invisibility spell, he was eavesdropping the whole time. Blood trickled down his face and formed a small puddle around his head. His skin was paler than the winter snow, his teeth sharper than knives. "Vampire!" cried another companion. Edwin put his hand on his sword. "What? Vampire?" Aela looked Edwin dead in the eye as she removed the knife from the bloodsucker's head. "There are rumors of vampire spies all around Skyrim and her cities. I guess they're true. They must have followed you here and are definitely going kill you... and possibly eat you."

Edwin had yet another thought to haunt his nightmares. He realized that the rest were also in danger "Oh no." He rushed out of Jorrvaskr without saying a word to the Companions. He recalled that Sivari and Abdul were in the temple. Edwin barged through the doors of the temple. Blood was sprayed onto the floors, and there was no one else but the two bodies that laid on the floor. One of them was Abdul. Damn! Edwin ran over to Abdul's mortally wounded body. "It's fine buddy, they taught me Restoration for 6 years." Edwin prepared a bright spell in his ands cast it on Abdul and sealed his wounds shut. "It'll be sore for a while, and you've got some nasty scars, but other than that you'll be fine." Edwin checked for anymore vampires coming. "The vampires were following us as soon as we set foot in this city, the others are in danger as well...where's Sivari at? Because we need to come up with a plan now."

Edited by twentynine29

The two men talk for a while when Artagos amulet starts heating up "what the hell?" he turns just as the golden eyed assassin tried to push a blade under a ridge of his armor. "not this time foul demon" Artago swings his blade into the vampires ribcage cutting him deeply. "Damned assassin." *he finishes the vampire and pulls out the two fangs. "I now have a prize." He hands Gunmar a medium pouch of coins. "Takew care of yourself Gunmar. Make sure you and Sorine eat, and friend, tell Isran to go to hell." Heads out to find everyone.

"Agh! Damn it! Can't you be any gentler!" Abdul laid his head back on the column as Edwin healed his wounds, "...Sorry, that was...insensitive. To be honest, I don't think I would have made it if you didn't come when you did. Scars huh? Heh...might as well add a few more." He gazed at the corpse of the vampire sprawled across the floor before looking up to Edwin, "There's more? By Oblivion, how the hell are we going to get out of here alive?"

Abdul rubbed his forehead in frustration; vampires, in the city? How far did Alduin's grasp extend? With eyes and ears all around them, it seems that it reached pretty far indeed. His eyes darted back to Edwin when he mentioned Sivari's name, "Sivari? S-she's in the other room. I don't think she knows what happened." He attempted to rise again, only to sink to the ground, "I'm not in much of a state to move." He grasped his arm, "By the Night Mother, I can't believe it came to this. I only hope that Artago finds us before the vampires find him."

Tordin nodded a farewell after throwing a few more coins on the table. It was after the Bard had patted him on the shoulder did he sense it. Three vampires, their spells could not hide them from his sense. He summoned up his thu'um and quietly spoke the ancient words.

"Laas... Yah nir" He shouted, the life forces of the three vampires lit up in his eyes. One was very near to him and approaching. Tordin smiled as he whirled around and grasped the vampires arm in a crushing grip just before the blade fell on his back. Tordin chuckled and twisted, the beasts hand snapped with a loud crack followed by an ear splitting scream of pain.

Tordin clinched his fist, sparks leapt from his hammer and enshrouded his hand, with a mighty roar and the distinct crack of lightning he unleashed a fearsome bolt that struck the invisible bloodsucker in the heart with enough force to knock him into the kitchen and into the fire, the creature kicked and screamed as he tried to tap out the flames around him, but his attempts were in vain, after a long few seconds the screams stopped and it fell limp.

The third vampire leapt but Tordin grasped the animal with his hand, holding him aloft with his great strength, blessed to him by Mighty Talos.

"Die creature!" He bellowed as he tossed the helpless vampire into the air, he summoned up the power of the Thu'um once more.

"FUS, RO DAH!" He shouted at the now airborne vampire, the powerful shout struck the vampire and propelled him through the roof with a catastrophic crash that sent bits of flesh, bone and wood splinters into the sky above the tavern and across the countryside. Tordin could not help but smile. The last vampire sunk his fangs into Tordin's leg but Tordin simply smiled as he looked down on the wasted attempt.

"I am no ordinary warrior bloodsucker... I am the Thunderer!" He yelled as he raised his hammer, thunder rolled in the sky and lightning jolted down into his hammer through the recently made hole and ran down his body then into the vampire. The beast burst into a pile of ash, leaving only his belongings behind. Tordin hand sifted through the pile and found the vampires coin pouch, he tossed the ample amount of septims to the Barmaid and walked for the door.

Hulda watched in shock as this warrior obliterated three vampires in mere heartbeats, but what drew her attention was what he called himself. The Thunderer, the name of the ancient hero of lore that fought Alduin during the dragon wars. She spoke up as he reached the doorway.

'Who are you?' She asked Tordin stopped and turned. "I am complicated..." He said with a slight smile and then he departed before the Draugr appeared. He hoped that the woman would not reveal what truly happened and merely said the vampires attacked the two Nords he had killed earlier.

Tordin drew his hood over his head and wrapped himself in his rich cyrodiilic wool cloak, he made for the Temple.

Artago makes his way over to the temple constantly watching everyones movements, making sure no one is a vampire. As Artago enters the temple he sees Edwin tending to Abduls injury. "What happened?" he sees the dead vampire "nevermind." He bends down and takes the fangs "Abdul, Edwin? where is Sivari? or Tordin? I have important news."

"I don't know where Tordin is; probably fighting off vampire assassins. Frankly, I'm not worried about him. Sivari is in the other room, speaking with the priestess. It's good that you safely made it here ." He gazed down to his wounds, "I'm afraid that I can't say the same." He chuckled a bit, but it hurt to laugh. He laid his head back on the column, still a bit dizzy, "I think I'll just rest for awhile; if she isn't busy, maybe the two of you can warn Sivari. I'm sure she'll want to know that we're being hunted."

Edited by Keanumoreira

"I'll warn her then." Edwin turns to one of the rooms and runs over to one of the rooms. He opens the door with quite some force, Sivari is talking quietly with the priestess."Sivari! Vampires are hunting us like deer, we have to take action immediately or else we'll be food for the pale beasts!." Edwin turns his attention to the priestess. "One of our allies is heavily wounded. I've healed him to the point in which he'll live but he isn't able to walk. He might need some professional assistance."

Edited by twentynine29