A mod idea for kind of merchant guild

hamatank

Hello folks I am a player who really love oblivion.

Recently, I tried to make a mod about merchant guild after I see the mod East Empire Company. When I saw it first time, I expected all bartering trading stuff from the mod but actually it was another quest mod for warrior type player.

So, I come up with ideas for a mod which able to make player really feels like a worker in Imperial trading company.

The quest starts after you escape from the sewer. It might say- you heard the company is hiring new worker. After that you go to the water front and get hired by the boss and start working from laboring.

The jobs will start from laboring and fighting(physically with sword) for profit of the company but as your rank goes higher, you will become more important person in the company and will make decision that affects whole Tamriel's economy.

ranks start from -> assistant -> worker -> experienced worker -> foreman (worker leader) -> some quest and changes line to sales -> sales clerk -> sales manager - > senior sales manager -> executives -> chiefs ...

quests will be follow a line but could be divided into two...

The problem is I don't know how to do scripting... If someone really interested in making this kind of mod, please make one... or help me.

It will take a lot of time and cannot guarantee quality of mod though

Edited by hamatank

Hi hamatank,

For the most part, scripting is the smaller end. Planning fundamental quests and how they interrelate is an essential part of creating an interactive story. Going on your first post, you seem to know this.

I can script pretty much whatever you want but is that what you want?
How about I coach you on scripting or better still...

I started developing a course for Construction Set Extender (CSE) and Oblivion Script Extender (OBSE) a while back. It's structure is based on proven learning techniques.
How about we help each other complete each other's projects?