Reverting cells to default?

PuceMooose

I've nearly finished my mod; new textures, schematics, areas, etc., all seem to be working fine. I went through a from-scratch run today to make sure everything was working properly, and noticed a rather horrific error:

In an exterior cell, I placed a safe and a few items associated with one of the quest elements. However, I notice now that literally *thousands* or rocks, road pieces, rubble, etc. are floating; they've been moved several feet above the ground. Something has corrupted/adjusted the positioning of about 6 or 7 cells, spanning thousands of individual pieces of landscape.

Is there a way I can revert these cells back to default? I tried to delete the cells in the cell view but it won't let me.

*Whew* I believe I figured out how to do it. Things seem back to normal now.

In case anyone else has the same problem:

Go to File->Data in the Geck, select your mod, then hit details. If you see any extraneous cells/entries there, select them (Shift+click/Ctrl+click to select several at once) and then hit delete. This will clear the entries out.

I had literally thousands of extra trees, canyons, etc. that I had to remove. Once I did the cell looks back to normal.

*Whew* I believe I figured out how to do it. Things seem back to normal now.

In case anyone else has the same problem:

Go to File->Data in the Geck, select your mod, then hit details. If you see any extraneous cells/entries there, select them (Shift+click/Ctrl+click to select several at once) and then hit delete. This will clear the entries out.

I had literally thousands of extra trees, canyons, etc. that I had to remove. Once I did the cell looks back to normal.

I personally use FO3edit because It will show where things conflict and also have a better layout IMO and grouping for easy findings of things, you might give it a shot next time or even this time you may have "touched" something you didn't really mean too

Archived