Borderlands 2 saves?

Mikcannon

I have had some BSODs in Borderlands 2 and subsequently lost some good firearms.

Is it possible to go to an earlier save?

Or do I have to start a new game?

I have noticed that If I use task manager to close the game, trying to recover, the game still saves at the point of closing down, and so I can't recover a point in the game.

I play with PC on Steam and only play singly. I don't play online.

If nothing can be done can I find a complete list of guns and try ti find where I picked up the good stuff?

Earlier save, i see no reason why not. make sure to back up your saves each time you dupe or get a rare gold weapon. It saves you the hassle just in case your pc ctd's.

Edited by Thor.

If you have the cloud turned off your saves should be in:

My Games\Borderlands 2\WillowGame\SaveData

If you're using the cloud, then there isn't any way to obtain those files for the purposes of backup.

Unfortunately, unless you manually backup your saves, they jut get overwritten by the game every time that character is used. Meaning that if you didn't have the foresight to do a backup before you ran into issues, there probably isn't any way to recover. Even though there is a save editor tool available, there aren't many functions on it that can be used for debugging. But short of knowing exactly what caused that bug, you would be working blind and probably do more harm than good.

Your best bet may simply be to start over.