Progress on my childlike races mod

Glitchipedia

Sure, go right ahead. To be honest, I didn't really expect credit. :sweat: You did most of the work, after all. :thumbsup:

In the meantime, I'm going to keep trying to find a way around this mesh problem.

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/44063/

File uploaded. I hope that people find much use out of the tools provided. I know it always bothered me when I found myself scripting and I had no idea how big the affected area was. Even if that's about all the upload's good for, it's still something. Besides, anyone who uses the markerRadius will feel smart because it forces them to do math XD. Hey you know what I didn't think of? People can toss aside the X Marker and use the markerRadius itself as an X Marker. Maybe. I gotta try it out for myself to see if I'm right although that wasn't how I intended for it to be used.

HAHA I was right. You can use the markerRadius as its own X Marker. That simplifies quite a few things. I still don't think that entering the bounds of a square will change much, though because GetDistance depends on a round shape either way. If I made a red square that you could step in then you could stand in the edges of that square unaffected. It'll have to remain cylindrical.

I should've called my mod the X Marker Replacer 1.0 :laugh:

Oh and speaking of X Marker replacers, you know what would've been really sweet is a center marker for the radius. I thought of that looking at the third image where there's a X Marker in the middle of the markerRadius. Just released the file and I'm already planning 1.1 XD. Wait... but every object already has a gizmo at the center. It might not be as stylish as something like an X Marker but at least it doesn't take up the whole room when you scale it up. It seems like I'm done, then. I should shift my focus to other projects now.

Made any progress?

Edited by DarkSpyda04

Unfortunately I haven't made any progress since last we spoke. I think at this point the only solution to the male body problem is to use Robert's Female sack cloth pants as the "underwear", which I can't do yet because my Internet connection is refusing to complete downloads larger than 15MB. Furthermore, the game has been experiencing some nasty glitches unrelated to the mod. I may have to wait until I get my new computer before I can get any farther along with this.

• 4 months later...

I knwo this is a dead topic but I am looking for certain mods to use myself, and I noticed that the TC mentioned using Room207's crossdress body replace mod. I wanna take impliments from this as I used it before, but the file is not longer for download on the nexus and the only one I found doesn't seem to work?

Good news, Room207 has permitted me to use his new Femboy body replacer for male kids. It does come with underwear options and is supposedly compatible with Robert Male clothes in the "Scrawny" style.

I have furthermore switched from using Undies Underneath to Blockhead to supply the kids with their bodies, and have also decided to forgo scripting their clothes (and armor?) and just make them separate items, at least for the first release.

That means the only things left to do are:

• Fix the head mesh(es)
  • Fix the sitting/sleeping animations
  • Create fully AI'd child NPCs
  • Record voices/create LIP files

Optionally, rather than simply marking kids "essential", I may look into scripting them with complete invulnerability. Thoughts?