Raider Facions i.e. gangs

Jayson82

I was wondering and sorry if it has been suggested before but is anyone working on a mod to make the raiders separate into different gangs that can ally and be enemies with each other?

It seams strange that all the raiders are in the same faction it would make sense that most of them would band together into different groups and would fight against each other and have there own territories.

Think like the unfinished goblins in oblivion.

Would be cool to see raiders raid each other as well as fight all the rest of the nasties in the wasteland.

Could be something to add to big mods like MMM.

Just a thought

-Jayson

How would you show the difference between the raider gangs?

The most obvious answer would be different clothing, but then each group would look like a bunch of clones in the exact same armor. After all, there are only what? 4 different raider armors? That would let you have up to 4 different gangs, and each gang would have to have the exact same uniform. A single armor for a whole faction works for guys like the talons, but that is because they are organized. Raiders are ragtag, and the abundance of different makeshift armor lends to that. I don't want to see the Masterblaster gang vs. the Painspike gang! But maybe someone could do a simple retex and give the different faction's armors slightly different colored tints.

Other options for distinguishing gangs could be hair and race. Honestly, black raiders vs. white raiders vs chinese raiders would be the most realistic in a such a barbaric culture, but that would piss some people off, so that may be a no-go. Instead, each raider gang would have it's own haircut. One gang could be shaved heads, another could be the mohawks, etc. Hell, maybe even differently dyed hair for clarification.

I would love to see someone implement gangs, and what I'm talking about isn't a big issue, but it would be just a little subtlety. And it's the little things that make a great mod feel complete, right?

The different factions i.e. gangs could each have something unique to that gang i.e. one gang could have the same haircut another could only use malee weapons others could have unique armor colours.

The main way players will tell what they are is when the get close or VATs them whee it will say instad of "Raiders" it will say something like "Hillback Raiders" or the "Bloody Skull Raiders"

The different gangs do not all have to have the same catagory of difference like all have different haircuts, just something that they all the members of that perticular gang have which are the same.

Each has a terrator and every so offen they spawn raiding groups and go out raiding even agenest each other.

Anyone else got any more ideas on how this could be done?

-Jayson

I like this idea, although I think it would be a major pain to implement

it would involve extensive tweaking to a lot of the leveled creature lists in order to get your distinct groups to show up together

this isn't really a "hard" task, it would involve a buttload of clicking and carpal tunnel

as for distinguishing the different groups I'd go with the tattoo idea used in MMM because that was just badass

I don't know about this, It'd be nice to see them fight eachother, but as before mentioned, the clothing thing wouldn't really work out. Maybe have one gang that uses motorcycles, one gang that really likes flamethrowers, or a gang that has slaves. I donno, I was kinda hoping the raiders would be like the junkyard gangs in movies like doomsday or waterworld..

For doing this its not enough to rework the lvl lists. You have to replace the lvl list marker for every single raider location ingame. That means... all raider encounters in Evergreen Miles replacing with Evergreen Miles Raiders and set new all Patrol links etc. Then go on to the Raiders in Superdupermarket, Replace all Encounters there with Superdupermarket-Raiders and go on...... if you think about the Amount of Raiders in Game this would take a long time for a little effect. It would better just to replace maybe some Major Raiderspots like Evergreen Miles with some more Unique Raiders and maybe give them some Interaction, but for do it with the Entire Game, good luck.

Archived