Feature Request Store / Load DB from Game Directory.

mikeloeven

This feature is intended primarily for implementations of Network attached storage NAS systems where multiple computers may be accessing the same game directory.

Essentially what I am asking for is an advanced edge case feature that will take Vortex's databases and store them as external files in the game directory. This will serve to create a centralized vortex config so that If i make changes to the game directory on the network drive from computer A those DB changes will be stored to the game directory so when vortex is opened on computer B it will reflect the changes made by computer A due to reading the database directly from the game folder. This is a system I have been using for a while where I have one network server storing steam libraries for multiple computers to cut down on data redundancy. this allows me to open games on any computer using only one installation of the actual game files however vortex is not currently aware of this type of configuration requiring me to manually save and load the database every time I open vortex on a different computer. Configuring all of the Vortex clients to utilize an external database in the game directory would make this a non issue

although if there is a method to edit database location it is in theory possible to point all my vortex installations at the network drive without needing additional functionality although i have not found a way to do this aside from the backup and restore option