Item Missing from my Mod

kitkat007

First off, this is my first time posting here so sorry if this is in the wrong place.

I recently bought the Oblivion: GOTY Deluxe Version off of Steam (I'm a little late, I know) and I decided to try my hand at modding. I made a fairly simple cave which was accessed from just north of Dive Rock, but I used items from two DLCs. The first few items, roots from the Dementia side of the Shivering Isles, work absolutely fine and appear as intended but the other DLC item I used, the Orrery's door, doesn't show up in the game. This prevents me from being able to enter or exit the cave without console commands and leaves gaping holes into the void at either end of the cave. Also, the doors keep disappearing from the cave in the CS when I load it up.

So, does anyone have any idea why this is and how to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by kitkat007

The reason you can use the root dugeon pieces is that all SI content is itegrated into the Oblivion.esm, with the Shivering.esp there mainly for the .bsa redirect. The reason you can't see the Orrery door is because you can't use items native to one .esp in another without loading them in as new items. For more information, read this article.

To put it in a nutshell you would need make the Orrery DLC a master for your new plugin. This can be done rather simply with Wrye Bash. Before starting make sure load order is set correctly... for this example just ensure that Orrery is somewhere above your plugin.

In Wrye Bash mods list right click on Orrery and select "esmify self". You will see a warning box asking if you really want to do this...select yes or ok.. can't remember which shows up. You should now see Orrery in blue text, signifying it is now a master file. Then exit Wrye Bash. Now load up the CS and select both mods making your plugin file the active file. Orrery will be at the top of the list now since it is for the moment a master file.

Once you have made all the changes you need to make, simply save your file. Before doing anything else...go back into Wrye Bash and right click on Orrery again...this time selecting "espify self". Or you could also right click on your plugin and select " espify masters". More efficient if your plugin had multiple master files. Once that is done you can safely test your mod and/or clean it.

This is what's known as the bit flip method. Temporarily making a plugin file into a master so that you can base another plugin file off of it. Hope this helps. The tutorial Vyper linked to is also great and gives you this same info.....in a much longer and more detailed format.

Edited by mhahn123