Missing Follower help!

MvKRaiden

I have been having issues recruiting a follower for a long time now. I have even abandoned that character as a result, but I feel the desire to play as them again. So I would like to know if a fix has surfaced for this glitch yet.

Whenever I try to recruit a new follower, they always tell me that I already have someone with me. I read from somewhere that is you commit a crime and get yourself arrested, they will appear beside you. I tried that to no avail. I read elsewhere that if you are forcibly brought to a different location, your follower will appear beside you. I decided to take the boat to Solsthiem and I arrived to a dead Athis lying on the boat. Does this have something to do with my issue?

Also, I have already completed the quest with Farkas so I cannot have my "follower" forcibly removed. Is there any way to fix this issue?

here is what I found googling on another forum by some 4gForce

/*

I'll suppose you know how to open the console ... ( tilde key, beside the 1 )

"help follower 3" will display follower global variables

At this point PlayerFollowerCount = 1.00

"set playerfollowercount to 0" will remove any follower you currently have, but i'm not sure what happens to them ?! Still, you'll be able to take another follower to come with you.

Hope this helps

*/

What this does is reset the follower counter, it does not dismiss any npc you have following you.

you could try it, but save before you do it, so it doesn't wreck your game.