Newbie needs help, no option to import nifs in Blender

shaikujin

I figured as much.

Out of all the one's you mentioned or any other you know of, which are the easiest to understand or grasp?

blender is the only free one i can think of, but pretty much any 3d modeling program will do.

3ds max, maya, lightwave, modo etc.

but blender and 3ds max are the only 2 that have nifscripts written for them. mind you, you can export .obj from every 3d program ive seen and you can import those into nifskope

theres a lot of good info in the forums at blendernation.com and blenderartists.org, usually if i have a question someone has already asked it a few years ago and its been answered there :)

well i guess it really depends on the user but i would probably guess 3ds or modo. i only know modo for the mac (not sure if its for pc actually), but it has a lot of really cool features and comes with some good tutorials. but i wouldnt get too discouraged with blender, at first i struggled with it, but once i got down the main navigation and controls its been pretty smooth sailing and i learn something new about it everyday.

but blender and 3ds max are the only 2 that have nifscripts written for them. mind you, you can export .obj from every 3d program ive seen and you can import those into nifskope

Not if he wants to do armor or clothes - .obj does not support rigging. ;)

In that case it's pretty much got to be Blender or Max because of the NIF scripts. There are scripts for Maya but they may or may not be compatible with FO3.

Well I do like Blender as I get a feel for it.

Does 3D max have a fre trial *I'm at work can't look, I can hide nexus forms tho :D* or something along those lines?

I want to see which one I can grasp more quickly as I want to crank out por.... *ahem* decent clothes within a few months

Not if he wants to do armor or clothes - .obj does not support rigging. ;)

In that case it's pretty much got to be Blender or Max because of the NIF scripts. There are scripts for Maya but they may or may not be compatible with FO3.

Archived