Problem with Cleaning Original DLC's

GripHAHA

I got the same problem after I cleaned my official DLCs after a fresh install. Didn't crash on exit before I cleaned them. No mods running.

Load order:

Oblivion.esm

DLCShiveringIsles.esp

DLCHorseArmor.esp

DLCOrrery.esp

DLCVileLair.esp

DLCMehrunesRazor.esp

DLCSpellTomes.esp

DLCThievesDen.esp

DLCBattlehornCastle.esp

DLCFrostcrag.esp

Knights.esp

• 1 year later...

I had exactly the same problem.

No crash on exit before cleaning.

After cleaning the official DLC (no other mods were installed, fresh installation) - crashes on exit.

I've run BOSS to make sure that plugins are in correct order - still crashes on exit.

After overwriting official DLCs with uncleaned versions - crashes on exit are gone.

I've used TESEdit 3.0.32 EXPERIMENTAL.

These are the special instructions to clean these dlcs by Migck, aka Miguick in tes nexus, so give a kudos to him!

1. Load both DLCBattlehornCastle.esp and Knights.esp in TES4Edit, right click and select 'Apply Filter for Cleaning'
  2. After it's done, right click on each one to remove ITMs
  3. Open up the Cell tab, go to Block 8, Sub-Block 5, there should be a TonyTest cell there. Delete it from both mods, nothing in there is used.
  4. In Knights.esp, go to Cell Block 6, Sub-Block 1, there should be a Testarena cell there. Delete it as well.
  5. You can now run the UDR process on them both with no problems.
  6. If you want to trim even more fluff, delete formIDs: 000C5229, 00008965, 0001E798, 00069B12 from Knights.esp, and 00037F62 from DLCBattlehornCastle.esp. They qualify as dirty edits.