Nexus Uninstalling My Mods?

krizz666123

hey all..

so, I'm completely new to modding..I've never done it with any of my games before..until two days when a friend showed me this site, and all the mods that were available (it was like Christmas early)

I've been able to pick it up pretty fast, I don't seem to have any issues with running my mods...(I have followers and hair mods and just simple things..that have not caused me problems) ..but, the thing I Am having an issue with..is when I save and close(quit) Skyrim...turn off the computer..and say, the next day I go to start up Nexus..it seems to uninstall the mods I have (and by that, I mean ALL the mods..i only have about 5)...so then I have to re-install them..(im pretty patient. And I've had to do it...simply because I want them in my game..) but it would be nice if the mods Stayed installed lol. Each mod comes up in a dialog box and I have no options but to click "ok" and then the green bars appear in the same box..and this happens with each of the mods.

any reason for this?? and again..i am new to it..soo..simple steps/explanation? lol..thankyou!

this is the message: if it helps...(and it happens with all mods.

‘C:\Users\krissy\desktop\UNP BASE Main body V1 dot2-6709.7z’ was deleted without being deactivated. Nexus Mod Manager will now automatically uninstall the missing mod’s files.

Edited by krizz666123

no...am I meant to? ..I've been dragging them into the nexus program where it has all the different folders in the tab "mods" ..and then I just activate each one. :/

oh and by the way..no, Nexus doesn't reloaded the file (doesn't need to)

Edited by krizz666123

Since you are new to modding I will give you a complete summed up tutorial. There are three ways to install a mod. The first way is to download with NMM. When you are at the mod page in the files tab (or at the top of the page), there will be the option to either "download with NMM" or "Download with Manager". Both of these do the same thing so it doesnt matter which you choose. Upon clicking the button NMM will open up if it wasnt already and start to download the mod. After it is done downloading all you need to do is go into the mods tab of nmm and activate it. If it has a green check next to it it is activated and ready to go. This is the most recommended way of installing a mod for begginers because it is easy and simple.

The next way is also easy but not quite as simple. Instead of downloading with NMM you could download it manally, which will download an archive with either .7zip, .7z or, .rar. Drag that archive into the desktop and keep it there temporarily. Then open up NMM and click the jigsaw piece with a green plus sign on it. This will ask you to locate the mod on your computer. Navigate to desktop and click on the mod archive you just put there and click open. It will install the mod parts in the necesary places and you can activate it and it will be good to go.

The final way of installing a mod is completely manually. if you want to install a mod manually you should drag all the contents of your mod into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\data. This is assuming you have downloaded with steam and you have a 64 bit computer (thats probably what you have). If you have 32 bit then steam would be located in program files instead of program files (x86). Now that you have found the data folder, drag the contents of the mod into it and click yes to any messages. Then open up NMM, and go to the plugins tab. The mod you put in the data folder should be in the plugins tab. Check all the necesary plugins of the mod and NMM will make sure they load. This not recommended for more complex mods but is necesary to completely understand mods.

I dont know what you did to try and install the mods but these are the three ways to do it using nmm.

*claps* it works!!

thankyou so much :smile: im actually going to have a copy of these instructions in Word. lol. because I can refer if there's ever a problem again...after I spoke to you and a friends brother on the matter, I was told to uninstall and then reinstall Nexus (so after doing that I finally got the little box that askes for your username and password..before I never did), so after doing that, I came here and followed the first steps..using One mod to test it..and closed it..reopened it and got no "deactivating messages"

so thankyou so much!