The Elder Scrolls Online Petition

dabagonsmith

Well, it IS a Zenimax product... They've been scraping the bottom of the barrel for some time now. Still, a Beta is a Beta, they can't all be as overwhelmingly successful as Smite.

lol if there was a i like button i would have gave you one

ESO will be launched with a subscription but will quickly become F2P lets say in less than 6 months after launch

and that is me being generous

The problem is people still think it's Bethesda. :-(

the problem is that tjhey actually made it the way it stands now

Fans been asking for years for a multiplayer version for years

nobody asked for a empty box with the TES name stamped on it

Edited by kleinstaff

The problem is people still think it's Bethesda. :-(

the problem is that tjhey actually made it the way it stands now

Fans ben asking for years for a multiplayer version for years

nobody asked for a empty box with the TES name stamped on it

Just because fans beg, plead and throw temper tantrums to try and get something doesn't mean it's right for the company to cave and give in. Look at C&C Renegade. Look at Halo Wars. Look at Diablo 3 (though that's something of a deeper problem... Too many fingers on the keyboard there).

It's a sad thing to say that 'listening to fans' doesn't always turn out gold. More often than not, it leads to confusion, half baked ideas and poorly designed games. Personally, i don't think TES should ever have been given a multi-player function. EVER. But whats done is done, they listened to the idiot base... i mean fan base and gave the license to someone (since Bethesda doesn't really have experience in online games). Now the crying masses have to live with what THEY have done.

As i said, i'm willing to give it a chance. FF14 has managed to reinvent its self into something half playable, and that was after the release. We can hope TES online can do the same, since it's still in beta.

TES:O was develped because some marketing person said something like, "hey, people are making a lot of money with MMOs, and the best part is it's impossible to pirate an MMO because you have to connect to play."

Problem is, they are much too late to the MMO bandwagon. People are sick and tired of MMOs, and of not being listened to when they ask for the ability to "play with their friends online". Playing with friends online does not necessarily mean MMO. With a role playing game like TES3/4/5, it should be several friends joining up together to form a party without having to connect to a central server, without having to deal with other people (not in the party) griefing, attacking, or just getting in the way, and so on. The MMO model is probably the worst possible thing that could have happened to the TES franchise.

EverQuest (1) was successful for over 10 years because they did something new that nobody had ever done before and it took a decade for everyone else to catch up, and they NEVER ONCE LISTENED TO THE PLAYERS! That is the key to their success. Players know what they think they want, but not what they really want.

Fortunately, Beth had nothing to do with TES:O and we can all wait faithfully for TES6 while we play Fallout 4 and heavily modded TES5.

Problem is, they are much too late to the MMO bandwagon. People are sick and tired of MMOs, and of not being listened to when they ask for the ability to "play with their friends online". Playing with friends online does not necessarily mean MMO. With a role playing game like TES3/4/5, it should be several friends joining up together to form a party without having to connect to a central server, without having to deal with other people (not in the party) griefing, attacking, or just getting in the way, and so on. The MMO model is probably the worst possible thing that could have happened to the TES franchise.

I disagree. I don't think the market for simply cooperative games is there anymore. People want to compare themselves to other people and beat them in some way or another. There needs to be some sort of leaderboard or PvP to capture most of the "online multiplayer" crowd's attention. I personally don't believe "LAN Elder Scrolls" would be very popular. It would be novel at first, but it would soon grow old if the entire point is to just wander around with a friend. There needs to be a goal.

What I personally want is a highly modular game. Something that would allow me to:

1. Play a single player campaign when I feel like it
  2. Team up with friends with the character I've built in my single player campaign for challenging group content
  3. Enter in PvP matches with my single player/co-op character that I've made stronger via #1 and #2

I disagree. I don't think the market for simply cooperative games is there anymore. People want to compare themselves to other people and beat them in some way or another. There needs to be some sort of leaderboard or PvP to capture most of the "online multiplayer" crowd's attention. I personally don't believe "LAN Elder Scrolls" would be very popular. It would be novel at first, but it would soon grow old if the entire point is to just wander around with a friend. There needs to be a goal.

What I personally want is a highly modular game. Something that would allow me to:

1. Play a single player campaign when I feel like it
  2. Team up with friends with the character I've built in my single player campaign for challenging group content
  3. Enter in PvP matches with my single player/co-op character that I've made stronger via #1 and #2

he has a good point

the MMO market has gotten too big with too many medioric games and people want to create their own story not somebody else s story

and with a few exceptions most MMO s will be gone in a year or 5

just look at the top 5 MMOs of today games like WoW and EVE online , both very different games with each their own public, in WoW so old and well established and still they find neew ways to enrich the game with fascinating content

whule EVE online gruelling and backstabbing as it is it is the players that create 90% of all content themselves

those are 2 successtories that only a few others can rival and in my opinion how MMO s should be unique and challeging

if zenimax had instead upgraded the skyrim engine modemed tamriel and make it so that only you and a few selcted friends can form a party on their own everybody wpuld have been happy and even if they sold it for 200 euro per copy they would still sell more copies than they will ever have ssubscriptions for ESO

This idea for wanting free-to-play will probably be a mute point anyways, the game will probably only be pay-to-play for maybe a year max before being forced to switch. I don't really say that for any particular regard for whether the game will be good or not, plenty of good games fail. there won't be another WoW, and even WoW is slowly (emphasis on slow) dying. I agree market for it isn't there anymore

I wasn't talking LAN play, I was talking WAN play with a small group of people in vastly disparate geographic locations. There is no dearth of players in FPS cooperative multiplayer, so what makes you think RPG players would not go find this attractive? The market is ripe for something like this, there are NO non-MMO multiplayer RPGs currently in circulation. People are sick of griefing, market fixing and all the other issues inherent in MMOs and that's the reason they are slowly dying.