ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Is modifying "weapon" stats (ammo capacity, spread, recoil) with perks possible?

I've been looking to make a mod that adds a perk to increase weapon accuracy, but I haven't found a way to add that effect to a perk. The weapons themselves and their mods have access to the fAimModel variables for such things, but I'm unaware of a way to affect those through perks/magic effects. I haven't seen examples of any other mods doing something like this, so I'm wondering if it's even possible, and if so what I'd need to do to get this to work.

As mentioned in my own thread, it's possible to modify a short list of weapon attributes. Off the top of my head, reload speed and aim stability are affected by actor values, and general weapon spread can be modified through the use of perks.

I'm still looking for a way to change sighting speed and recoil characteristics, though. I've found nothing so far.

• 2 weeks later...

As mentioned in my own thread, it's possible to modify a short list of weapon attributes. Off the top of my head, reload speed and aim stability are affected by actor values, and general weapon spread can be modified through the use of perks.

I'm still looking for a way to change sighting speed and recoil characteristics, though. I've found nothing so far.

I'm aware of all of those particular attributes, but sadly I need to edit more than just those. I don't really know anything about modding with F4SE, so I was hoping maybe there was a way to hack it with that, like making a script that applies a "weapon mod" with the perk's benefits to any gun you equip. Judging from the lack of responses though, I'm assuming that might just be impossible.

I'm aware of all of those particular attributes, but sadly I need to edit more than just those. I don't really know anything about modding with F4SE, so I was hoping maybe there was a way to hack it with that, like making a script that applies a "weapon mod" with the perk's benefits to any gun you equip. Judging from the lack of responses though, I'm assuming that might just be impossible.

To attach object modifications (OMODs) to weapons, see AttachMod() and AttachModToInventoryItem(). To remove OMODs, see RemoveMod() and RemoveModFromInventoryItem().

For other attributes, see Perk Entry Points "Mod Actor Scope Stability", "Mod Scope Hold Breath AP Drain Mult", "Mod Typed Weapon Attack Damage", "Mod Typed Incoming Weapon Damage", "Mod Weapon Attack Damage", "Mod Drawn Weapon Weight Speed Effect". You can add Conditions like "GetEquipped MyWeapon == 1" and "IsWeaponOut == 1" to the Perk Entries to restrict the Perk effects.