Aeros, The Realm of Storms

IxionInc

The Valkar had left, and were now travelling to Thunderflint.

Sarl sighed as his acolytes carried him, hunched over, by wagon. The rest of the members dragging the Doomcannons behind them in chains. It was going to be a long trip...

The smoldering mass of debris that was once Stalholme could be seen from the temple in the Ixionian city of Thunderflint Harbor.

High Templar Xenos looked at the smoke rising from the jungle with a grim expression. He had seen visions, about skeletal figures rising from water puddles, destroying everything in their wake.. He shook his head quickly, trying to erase those thoughts.

The sounds of ships creaking, steam engines hissing, and the waves crashing against the beach roared through the city. It was warm out, yet the skies fortold cold weather.

Templar Xenos finished his sacrament, and pushed through the wooden doors of the temple. There were the usual urchins on the marble steps of the temple, and he handed them each a coin.

Xenos made his way towards the large castle, floating above the city by a gargantuan gemstone that glowed and hissed like a hurricane. The castle was chained to the city, to keep it from floating off, and had airships to ferry citizens up to it.

High Templar Xenos got on an airship, and paid the ferryman a gold coin. The ship's wings began to move, and it took off towards the castle.

The Alagoi survivors from Khorikhan stood outside of the ruins of Stalholme. They watched with fear, as the city smoldered. They knew that the Valkar were gaining power, and that the Ixionian Empire was their only hope, even if they had quarrels with eachother. An Alagoi priest sifted through the rubble, and looked out onto the charred remains. He saw a large feline beast, lying on the ground. The priest brought a piece of meat from the rations cart, and offered it to the beast, while the women and children looked at it with sympathy..

"You too have been harmed by the plauged Valkar.. My deepest apologies friend.." He said to Rav'ziir..

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ra'vziir stood up, his fur coloured pitch black from the ash, he walked over and saw no harm in the little mans eyes. He took the meat and ate it whole, his hunger slightly satisfied.

He walked back to the ash and lay down, he was completely disguised in the ash. He set to watching the humans.

• 2 weeks later...

The Alagoi priest ordered his remaining people south, towards the sea, and they began to walk away. Their feet were covered in blisters and blood.

The priest chanted something, threw some herbs into the air, and followed..

Templar Xenos arrived on the cobbled roads of the floating castle. He nodded to the guards in armor as they let him pass. He entered the king's chambers, and let the large wooden doors close behind him.

"Aah, Templar Xenos.." King Hassilar spoke from his throne, "Come closer.. My vision isn't what it used to be, even with augments.."

Xenos strode up to the throne and kneeled.

"Arise, Templar. So, what is it you need my dear boy?"

The King sat on a throne made of white marble, and he was clad in pure white robes with teal markings. Several parchments hung from his robe, documenting the Ixionian laws and code. His left eye, a small stone with glowing inscription, swiveled over to face Xenos.

"M'lord, it would appear that the legendary Valkar are not myths. They have ammassed in power, and have destroyed the city of Stalholme. They have retreated, but Nimbus knows when they shall return. This is an extremely dire matter m'lord, and if left unchecked, the whole continent of Sanctaros could burn.

King Hassilar's cheerful expression turned to a frown.

"My boy, is all of this true? Are the Valkar real? Have they truely destroyed our most dangerous city?"

"Sire, the smoke can be seen from our own city.."

"Very well then, do what you must to defeat them. Find out what they want and where they are going to strike next.. May the skies watch over you."

With that, High Templar Xenos left the castle halls.

"Agree? Talk? Compromise? With this captain of the guard? Bah! The fool claims to be as straight as an arrow but he is more crooked than a broken nose. Bribes, overly heafty fines for minor offenses, shakedowns, all otherised and many performed by him. I shall not deal with this honorless scum, we assassin's may not live by your laws but we live by a code of honor, and this swine has none. DEFEND YOURSELF CURROPT DOG!" Kriak snarled and drew his dagger, the blood of the woman still on it, he wiped it on his hand then spread it on his eyes, suddenly he could see everything as if it was magnified a million times he could see a flaw, nearly unnoticable in the Captain's blade, the alloy was not pure a defect in the sword made it horribly weak in a particular spot, kriak slashed at the spot and was pleased to see a massive crack develop from the flaw and the electricity seemed to crackle much weaker. Kriak slashed a second time this time this time bobbing and weaving under the swords reach and slashed the captain's legs.

Captain Julias leapt over the blades, and then kicked Kriak away.

"Just because I may not be a good captain, doesn't mean that I'm not good with combat!" He shouted, then he grabbed onto a pulley coming from his back, and yanked it as fast as he could. Then from his back, a loud hissing sound arose, steam came from his shoulders and wove around the deck. A banner with the Ixionian symbol over a golden fist rose from a backpack like machine on the Captain's back, and two hilts with no blades popped out.

"Every Captain is trained and outfitted with the latest weapons to take care of civilian slaughtering people like you..." Julias said, looking at the remaining blood on Kriak's blade.

He pulled the sword hilts out, and they exploded with energy coming out to form the blades.

Julias charged at Kriak, aiming low and high with the crackling energy blades.

"STOP IT FOR THIRTEEN'S SAKE!" Khale shouted, throwing razor blades out at Julias' shoulder. The captain dropped the blade, but was still charging.

Khale then pulled out one of his cards, and threw it at him, knocking the Captain against the railing.

The deck was soot covered and smoking.

"I am having enough trouble as it is trying to keep this airship afloat, and you two are sitting here feuding like wild beasts in a cage!!" Khale shouted, looking at both combatants with disgust.

The Captain was coughing from the smoke, his warmachine indisposed at the moment.

"I dare not work with scum like you.. I know you Khale, you swindle people out of their money every day. You sell false items. If it weren't for the fact that you are in control of this ship, I'd have tumbled you off this thing the single chance I had.."

"Well, you had best calm yourselves," Khale said, "We are nearing Thunderflint right now. There is something far more important than dealing with a corrupt Guard captain and an assassin. There is an undead army that destroyed a city, and they are looking for something.. I don't need you all adding onto those problems.."

He grabbed a lever, and pulled it. Sandbags dangled from the bottom of the ship, and the crystal at the center glowed dully. The ship was lowering towards the Airship tower outside of the city.

"You all better pipe down, or the guards will think that something's amiss." Khale whispered, and the ship landed near the pier at the top of the tower.

"BAH! I'll not make any more noise on this ship, but that's because I'm leaving her. This man has no honor, I shall not stay in his company, but rest assured I'll kill him and complete the last contract I have in this land. The woman I killed was a murdress, she slept with men then killed them, a family wanted justice payed, the captain here was bribed with her...services, she got what she deserved and the captain shall pay for his crimes as well, you don't destroy people's lives pointlessly! I have never killed someone who was innocent, NEVER! THIS DOG DESERVES NOTHING FROM YOU OR ME!" Kriak roared, the guards at Thunderflint were still beyond earshot so Khale could sail the airship in without incodent. Kriak dashed to the edge of the airship and jumped off, diving headfirst in a streamlined position.

Archived