ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Follower not dying (even though he is not essential)?

DrPepper715

Try calling Kill on the actor in the next frame after calling SetPlayerTeammate.

I suspected the timing might be problematic here, however calling Kill immediately after SetPlayerTeammate (and on the same frame), does seem to work as intended in this case.

Now the NPC's health resets like it did before :sad:

I tested the script on an NPC, and it works properly for me. :S

Try calling Kill on the actor in the next frame after calling SetPlayerTeammate.

I suspected the timing might be problematic here, however calling Kill immediately after SetPlayerTeammate (and on the same frame), does seem to work as intended in this case.

Now the NPC's health resets like it did before :sad:

I tested the script on an NPC, and it works properly for me. :S

Thats odd, is it the NPC's health or stats? Possibly armor, since its custom made. :confused:

I have the script you made attached to my sneak script, do I still need the older script or should I just use yours? I'm very :confused:

Only use the last script I posted. Set it to Object-type and attach it to the NPC (by attach I mean select it from the Script dropbox of the NPC).

I think that actually worked!

Thanks so much jazzisparis!

The thing is does the script have to display the message in game "U.S. Soldier is unconscious", and also they don't have the death sound that they should when they die. Is there a way to change that? and also they show up on the ingame world map as followers and I disable them with the console when I'm done using them but they still show up on the map? You don't have to answer those questions if you don't want to but again thanks for the help! :teehee:

Also thanks to rickerhk as well!

:thumbsup: to both of you!

Edited by DrPepper715

The thing is does the script have to display the message in game "U.S. Soldier is unconscious"

What the script does is kill the NPC the moment he/she falls unconscious. The message is hardcoded to display whenever that happens - it's not the script.

...and also they show up on the ingame world map as followers and I disable them with the console when I'm done using them but they still show up on the map?

SetPlayerTeammate 0, then Disable (and also MarkForDelete).

The thing is does the script have to display the message in game "U.S. Soldier is unconscious"

What the script does is kill the NPC the moment he/she falls unconscious. The message is hardcoded to display whenever that happens - it's not the script.

...and also they show up on the ingame world map as followers and I disable them with the console when I'm done using them but they still show up on the map?

SetPlayerTeammate 0, then Disable (and also MarkForDelete).

Hey jazzisparis,

So I came across another thing in the GECK.

I don't have the Setplayerteammate script set on these creature followers and they dont die,

they are not essential,

no setplayerteammate script or any other scripts

"Invulnerable" is not ticked

Help?