To Upgrade or not to Upgrade

Deleted134121543User

I've been around since Legendary Edition and although i liked its Physics Mods and Photorealism it had Memory issues and Instability especially Script Lag with Mods and that was the very reason i switched to Special Edition.

I changed to Special Edition and although its Mod added Features and Gameplay Utilities are excellent and very Stable it had some Engine Issues that thankfully got fixed by various Engine Tweaks that eliminated them.

- Except Physics Mods such as HDT SMP which is broken and performs unstable and Stutters without explanation even while i still have not exhausted my System Resources so for now i consider it still in Alpha Phase.

- Except ENB Binaries which suffers from the same unstable Stutters even while i still have not exhausted my VRAM so i wont be using that either but a Heavy ReShade which Ironically works Stable and Frame Transitions are normal.

My guess is Special Edition is way different and thus the aforemetioned DLL Binaries somehow don't work smooth with the Engine and therefore Framerate transitions are not normal but sudden and random which is unexplainable.

So i was wondering if its worth switching to Anniversary Edition maybe they fixed Engine Related issues somehow because there is so many articles mentioning about Next Gen Skyrim AE and such and i simply don't buy the Hype until i confirm this myself.

So what did they change? What are the upgrades? What are the Features?

Anniversary Edition is the same game engine as SE edition. All you get is all the creation club mods preinstalled as one file and of course you get FISHING yes that is worth all the money. Pretty much all of those mods are version of free mods on nexus made to work on consoles or you could find some thing pretty close. Also as a extra special treat Anniversary Edition introduces pay for mods to those foolish pheasants that thought they could live with out them. In the long run you are going to be paying to support a eleven year game that has well and truly made its money years ago.

I don't understand what all the Hype in Youtube is about Skyrim going Next Gen and all that. They probably like to use fancy titles for Click Bait i guess.

Then i don't see why someone should update. Guess its what the Herd does but i never follow the Herd anyway.

Reminds me of a 8GB GPU user not being able to utilize more than 4GB VRAM in Skyrim because of Win10 and Directx 11 bug lol

There is simply no practical reason or point to Update at all.

Btw. I unshelved my Legendary Edition installed the Unofficial Patch and the HD Texture Patch and Alternate Start went in and i noticed the Water and Distance causing a Black Shimmering similar to Special Edition z-Fighting but on the Screen not the Ground Textures which of course i fixed here with DynDOLOD 3.

Something i never saw Years ago when LE worked fine. Its been Years since i even used it.

Read something about Nvidia Drivers messing up with it but i have no patience of going through the whole Fix it again for Weeks process and the Drivers are updated anyway so whatever it was i simply just Re-Shelved it.

I guess i'll just stay with SE for a while till i am done and shelve it propably...

Edited by Guest

My game updated to AE despite following all the recommended precautions. It took a lot of effort to get it running again. The graphics in AE look different, but in a good way; more glowing, but also more shimmering. I am looking forward to playing that freebie quest from Kris Takahashi called Saints and Seducers.

Shimmering? Oh damn. In the Era of High Screen Refresh Rate Monitors they still manage to break FPS - VSynch - Gsynch and find ways for Stutter and Large Reference Bugs. At least i fixed the latter completely. While unshelving Oldrim today and experiencing Shimmering i completely forgot its not SE with SSEDisplayTweaks and can't run reliably over 60fps so i locked it in Nvidia Control Panel. It worked. :laugh:

Now that Horker in Dawnstar should have landed on the ground i guess HAHAHAHA

Edited by Guest

It did lol. The funny thing i am noticing even if i never payed much attention to it is that Legendary Edition aside from having better Graphics and Photorealism doesn't suffer from UV Mesh Bugs and incorrect Lighting of Roofs/ Rocks and Ground Textures or Glowing Tree Branches as Special Edition. An example the Rocks outside the Mines of Dawnstar.

It has its drawbacks and is not as stable so SE was a nice upgrade to 64bit. But how the hell could they re-release the Game with a new Engine making it more stable and 64 bit instead of 32 bit but managed to release it with less Graphical and Visual Features (They just stripped it off them) such as No Parallax and even ruined UV and Brightness on Meshes? Shouldn't an Upgrade be better in just about everything?

I feel like a fool and like fooled as well...

This is simply impossible. This is Bethesdas World Record of ''Nothing makes sense''

Thats what the Anniversary Edition should have been: Best of Both Worlds making the Ultimate Next Gen version but NOOOOO we got Fishing... Well jumping in the river and catching Salmons by pressing ''E'' is way simpler and faster.

Edited by Guest

I downgraded to SE from AE! Maybe in the future when the most important mods that i need are updated to AE, then maybe, just maybe I start using AE! The only thing that looked interesting was that fishing. I have no interest in survival mode and when it was available as a mod, i never downloaded it and i do not even want that at all in my game. For now, I stick to the SE version. And if I ever update it again, we'll have to see...Only time will tell..

I'm currently playing Skyrim se 10th anniversary with mods. {yes, with mods) Also I'd like take a minute to thank all you different modders who creaate them for everyone, and actually make the experience that much better. I been playing game with 30ish mods for bout 4 hrs, no crashes. among the mods im using are skyui,noble skyrim, SMIM,cheat room if i can play through the night ill put a walkthrough up on how i did it.