Riften Depths: A World Under a City

AirtightSpring3

Airtight Modding Poll  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which Directin Should This Mod Head?

• The original Riften Depths Idea, a city in a cave under Riften, has multiple caves attatched to it. No LOD required since none of the cells will be huge.
    • The cave city idea but it's a new cave hold called either Ysmiren or Sortanic hold, player could rise to power in this city since it would not be connected to Riften. Entrance would probably still be in the Rift somewhere, just not under Riften.
    • Outside island idea called Sortanic Isles, entire new wolrdspace with three islands. Refer to my post "Sortanic Isles" for details about this project. Would require LOD, something I have not been able to master in a year, release date would be...

About a year ago I began work on a mod called Riften Depths, I was very inexperienced at modding then, and the mod did not turn out quite as I would have wanted so I stopped work on it. But now I have remade the mod adding the best aspects of all the mods I have made since (Have not published any mods since)

Riften Depths will add a large area under Riften with new dungeons, caves, and even a town. Here I will put a list of things that it currently has and has planned, I will add suggestions as I see fit, so please give me suggestions. The mod will be released in it's Alpha version once the town is completed and the quest to get into the Depths is made. If it is changed to Ysmiren/Sortanic Hold, which I am thinking of doing, it will be an entirely undeground hold made up of large caves, the player will be able to rise to power in the castle, since it will not be connected to Riften. If I do Riften Depths, I'll have to make some connections to the jarl of Riften, plus I'll have to edit the city of Riften itself in very minor ways.

Underground City Version Features:
- Large town in a giant cave including guards, shops, a farm, a temple, an inn, a player owned castle and more. (Exterior, shop interior, temple interior, inn interior, and worker home interior are finished.)
- Entryway which will act as a main hub for Riften Depths/Ysmiren Hold.
- A large Nordic Dungeon full of treasures with custom enchantments and a handful of Dragur. (Completed but need to fix some Navmesh issues.)
- The Shadow Caverns (Might change the name) which will be a large sanctuary for many types of creatures and will act as the base for the Rangers of the Depths. (Some work on it done on my old mod but I will mostly be starting from scratch.)
- Either talking falmer who you can help turn into Snow Elves or a group of Rieklings who live in a cave system off the Shadow Caverns. (No work began yet.)

- A questline which will eventually give you a custom voiced follower. (First quest completed, story written for the rest.)
- Connections into Riften various places in Riften and a door from the Depths main room into the Ratway. (Will be added prior to Alpha version if Riften Depths path is chosen.)

- New guild from one of my options that I hoped to add to Sortanic Isles

Sortanic Island Version Features (Check this link): http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1544173-the-sortanic-isles-skyrim-dlc-sized-mod-wip/

Vote on which version you would like to see on the poll above. The Sortanic Isles one will take much more work and might not be as fleshed out, plus I'll have to figure out the whole LOD thing, but if a majority of people would like to see it, I'll do it instead of Riften Depths/Ysmiren Hold.

Progress: Underground City

http://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag209/airitghtspring3/2014-12-07_00002_zps2e60bfbf.jpg

http://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag209/airitghtspring3/2014-12-07_00001_zps68d0634e.jpg

http://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag209/airitghtspring3/2014-12-07_00005_zpsff8a48d6.jpg

http://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag209/airitghtspring3/2014-12-07_00003_zps21273a72.jpg

http://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag209/airitghtspring3/2014-12-07_00004_zps2bc34e47.jpg

- AirtightSprings3

Edited by AirtightSpring3

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds great man. Ambitious. I'd go with the Rieklings as opposed to the Falmer though. Falmer evolved over the ages I don't see a realistic way to turn that back for them, but who knows. Guess that's what magics for. PM me when you start needing voice actors; I'd be happy to lend you my voice, and while I'm not a professional voice actor, I have a good speaking voice and a nack for accents.

Best of luck man.

I talked to WillieSea author of Leveler's Tower to get an idea of where to start with scripting. I am hoping to get a menu that will pop up in dialogue. There are a few errors I noticed when starting my mod so I am hoping they are not to hard to fix. I posted them over in TES Alliance but if you know how to fix them please let me know, I will post them here too.

PATHFINDING: NavMesh in cell 01AirtightTown (Tamriel[-25, -10]) should be refinalized, there are navmesh bounds missing.

Also various errors with triangles not being connected where they should be in Navmesh in certain cells, what is the best way for finding those certain Navmesh Triangles or should I just look individually.

The first is the error I am most worried about, if it is a grave error I may be looking at hours of reworking the mod, which will delay the release by quite some time. If I can figure out how to solve the mod or if it is not as bad as it seems than that will be great. The first error I know was from an old mod of mine and was carried over when I transferred my exterior design from a mod of mine which never was finished. I know the mistake came from editing a Navmesh in an overworld cell in Tamriel but it is out in an area that is very rarely gone to, (at least for me) so if it just messes up that area I'll be fine. But if it somehow will mess up the entire game for people then that is a problem. Although when I go there in my game it seems to work so I'm hoping for the best.