native writing

nickleback04

i have managed to crack the letters of the native language. I think i have got most letters right, but cant find j,k,v or y. I dont think there is a y because on the paper map (which my sister "accidentaly" tore in half :ranting: ) it misses of y on words where there should be one.

does anyone know where i can find a full list of the letters?

also, does anyone think they know about why these "symbols" are not used more often, or are nut used by an important part of the game. After all, the nerevarine is a native hero, so shouldnt there be some referenc to native writing.

Thanks

Daedric is used more then you think. Every town sign is writen in Daedric, all scrolls are in Daedric, symbols on weapons, in fact, the gods even label them selves with letters... A for Alemexia, V for vivec, and S for the other guy... (don't remember hi name).

And you are right, there is no Y... I think the site that eiade showed you made up a y (after doing research on town signs) so that they could make a typing font...

The site is actually very interesting because they discuss information about different writing styles with some letters like how sometimes the U is more circular then square and how sometimes the D is writen in a mirror image... interesting stuff.

And you are right, there is no Y... I think the site that eiade showed you made up a y

They didn't make up a y, they finally found the 'y' character in the sign for Tel Fyr.

They didn't make up a y, they finally found the 'y' character in the sign for Tel Fyr.

Yeah... I said that... when you quote someone, use everything they wrote...

And you are right, there is no Y... I think the site that eiade showed you made up a y (after doing research on town signs) so that they could make a typing font...

The fact still remains that Y is never used in common writings. No scroll has a Y in it. Infact if you make a scroll full of Y's, in game, the scroll will be blank. In Morrowind there is no character for Y. The sign for Tel Fyr is a mistake, I think.

The fact still remains that Y is never used in common writings. No scroll has a Y in it. Infact if you make a scroll full of Y's, in game, the scroll will be blank. In Morrowind there is no character for Y. The sign for Tel Fyr is a mistake, I think.

i agree- i dont think there is a y. I found a book written in daedric? and then started to try and translate it. It turned out to be "the real barenziah" *yawn*, but it definitely didnt have ANY y's in it.

• 2 years later...

Hi I am new I just joined today. I beat the main quest a week ago.

I don't know if this is for sure but when I was trying to figure out the letters I thought that they didn't add the "Y" is because it is at the end, maybe instead they would put an "I" that sounds like "Y". But if it is in the middle of a word, like Tel Fyr, it would be added.

Hello Cyal, welcome to the forums.

Keep an eye on the date when you add comments to a thread. It's not that your point may be invalid but that those raising the initial comment may well have left the forum long ago.

As this thread is two years old, it would have been better to ignore it I think.

No worries though. Feel free to start new MW threads if you cannot find any answers you need by using the search button.

Welcome, have fun and chill.

Archived