Regarding recent romance mods

Sage3224

there was one before that no straight marriage thing of a different creator that created a no same sex marriage proposal, should be hot files. other no gay marriage similar did different changes but changed his description to ther butthurt report after he got a few nasty dms and comments on the mod. hopefully the first three will stay as they do function and really help reduce annoyances depending on your characters preferences. outside that the rest have just been created with toxicity in mind ie all the shield replacements and such, or just trolling. tbh people really need to lighten up at this point, i find it funny and tempted to join in with my own mod but dont know how nexus will like it.... ie adds dialogue to 38 characters. lol jk

It's all fun and games until people start hiding mods in protest and breaking load orders as a result, like other debacles in the past which have lead to the same thing happening. That sort of behaviour is what makes this place a joke at times, to the point where I have come close to wanting to make a video on YouTube specifically calling that out.

Then again, it gives me a fairly good excuse to go through and reorganise my mod collections, so there is that weird incentive as a side-effect...

Edited by Notanon81

Looks like the staff is putting these mods under moderation.

Good, those two had their fun, and now it's time to put the toys back in the toy box.

Really simple solution for this is banning all real world issue mods.

Sure the original game handles some amount of real world issues indirectly, but they are using it as an excuse to drag completely irrelevant issues.

I don't want to be ruined my game experience by someone just want to see the community burns.

I agree as well and i am quite open minded in terms of Social preferences that Humans can have.

I mean locally where i live there are both Churches and Mosques and i've never seen them cause any trouble neither of them.

There have been a few situations but it was outside ''Movements'' that caused them and none of them had anything to do with the neighborhood.

Unfortunately this made many young people take a side and participate in this situation ruining a peacefull neighboorhood for a few days.

How it got sorted? Riot Police and Plastic Bullets...

Time passed everyone is happy and there is peace and respect between the two communities.

I know many people disagree wether we should compare a Religious matter to a Social matter concerning Private Life Preferences but then again there is Cultures and Nationalities or Religions for whom the subject of ''Human Pairing'' is important and what would we do?

Bomb the entire world till they live how we want? Or should they kill the rest of us?

Or create a series of International Guidelines and Treaties that makes ''Coexistence'' and therefore Respect of every Individuals Rights possible and Invest in Peacekeeping?

This Balanced Mentality is what even prevents the possibility of a WMD Threat causing Mutually Assured Destruction ever since the 60s.

We wouldn't be here otherwise...

What i also came to understand in time is that Democracy and Freedom speech are fine and they give you the Right to Express yourself

''But within Rules''

If people abuse that Freedom it eventually leads to Anarchy and therfore ''Surpression'' and then all loose their Right for expression because it ends up being the only way to keep the Peace.

If thats what people want...

Nexus can't bother with things like this. Its an Official Mod Hosting Platform and such a Flame War has only a bad impact.

Edited by Guest

The whole debacle surrounding those mods really opened my eyes to how awful the vocal minority of the Nexus userbase truly is. I guess I shouldn't be surprised with how every week there's some kind of sex or female body mod in the hot files, but I was very disappointed by how users were trying to justify the existence of those mods by pretending that it was just a sexual preference mod with no ill intent. Even though both mod authors had a history of uploading controversial mods that are obviously meant to offend and stir drama. The Nexus is no place for those types of mods; I'm all for modding the game how you want, but I am beyond tired of authors making mods for the sake of offending people. This isn't the first time, and absolutely not the last time.