ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Form Hierarchy for Extending Scripts

larryrathbun

Hello all,

I am about to try my first Papyrus script, I did some light scripting in both Oblivion and New Vegas, so I have my idea laid out and am starting to work out how to do it.

I understand that every object extends the form script and it flows down, with every function in a higher object being available to all the lower objects of it. Has anyone made a hierarchy or flow-down diagram? As in:

Form

|

------------------------

| |

ActorBase Object

| |

Actor --------------

| |

Book Armor

I know this isn't accurate, but I think it demonstrates what I mean. I want see where I can get certain functions. If I had a flow-down I could follow it until I find the function I need to do what I want to do.

Does this make any sense?

BTW: I want to run a script that checks an actor's inventory after it is closed. As in, loot (or not) the body. Close the inventory screen. Script runs. I would want to be able to run it on every actor.

Thanks in advance and apologies If this has already been asked.

That's it.

I figured someone had already done this, it seems like an intuitive thing.

What I am trying to to do is check the contents of the dead actor's inventory after the player loots them. Basically see what (if any) items are still in the inventory and run events based on that.

So the script would trigger when the player closes the inventory. It would only trigger on loot, until the body is looted, nothing happens.