[LE] TXST Decals

Skybroom

I am trying to solve a puddle puzzle.

See, this is a troublemaker puddle in Windhelm outside the Eastern Gate that has been driving me crazy for the last few years:

http://images.vfl.ru/ii/1641740848/cfe127de/37452652.jpg

For some reason in game this decal shows up cut in half. While its comrades stay in one piece.

First please, tell me if you can guess the reason for that obnoxious behaviour that freaking puddle demonstrates towards me!

And as an additional question: Can I check puddles to be visible in CK's render window somehow! I know I can toggle the arrow marker to show up in the window, but I need the decal itself be visible.

Please, help! Because it is obvious that the texture mods only change texture, but this isn't a matter of texture.

Huh, never even noticed that in game before. As to why it does that it's (afaik) simply a matter of placement.

In the CK, in the View menu go to Show/Hide Window. Make sure Decals is ticked so you can see the puddles under the arrows (you'll notice the puddle actually looks fine in the CK). If you see the puddles looking like they're clipping like crazy when you pan around tick the Depth Biasing option under View. Select the arrow of that puddle, hold the Z key and very slightly move the arrow upward. The look of all the puddles will change, decals are strange like that, but no need to worry. When it looks good, save your esp and check it in game. Adjust if necessary.

Huh, never even noticed that in game before. As to why it does that it's (afaik) simply a matter of placement.

In the CK, in the View menu go to Show/Hide Window. Make sure Decals is ticked so you can see the puddles under the arrows (you'll notice the puddle actually looks fine in the CK). If you see the puddles looking like they're clipping like crazy when you pan around tick the Depth Biasing option under View. Select the arrow of that puddle, hold the Z key and very slightly move the arrow upward. The look of all the puddles will change, decals are strange like that, but no need to worry. When it looks good, save your esp and check it in game. Adjust if necessary.

Thanks, Hanaisse!

I've already figured that out.

The Y-angle was wrong. I've fixed it. Now it looks fine:

http://images.vfl.ru/ii/1641748323/31556680/37454385.jpg

In my case, there were 'correct' decals nearby, so I just needed to compared the pos. and angle.

Also "Skyrim Improved Puddles 1-1a" solves the issue by disabling some of the default decals and replacing the others with the new TXST.

It looks like this:

http://images.vfl.ru/ii/1641748471/2c3782be/37454422.jpg

I tend to solve issues as soon as I set them to a public discussion.

Without that I can struggle with them for years, apperently. :)

Now I know more about decals. And you give me more information I definitely need. So, thank you again.

But, I found no way to set decals visible in CK render window. Markers, Yes, but the very textures are no visible...