Anyone know what does fRandomSceneAgainMinTime and fRandomSceneAgainMaxTime ?

BarazSeighfryd

I found :

fRandomSceneAgainMinTime

fRandomSceneAgainMaxTime

under Game Setting in the Skyrim.esm.

Anyone know what they are ? I was searching to figure out how much time is set between random trigger on encounter zones. I mean zones that almost always trigger a random encounter. If I have found the right editorIDs, it seems it is 10 hours minimum (before another encounter) and 30 hours maximum (after which an encounter would appear for sure).

BUT that is just my guess. Anyone actually know? Google was not my friend in this case.

( i.e. I use SSEdit, not the Creation Kit, which my explain my lack of descriptions.)

Edited by Seighfryd

At a guess the pair is used to set the lower and upper bounds on a random number pool for when a quasi-periodic event will occur again. Animal encounter, spawn event, etc

For instance, in Immersive creatures, there are bounds like that for creature respawns. (for that it's something like max hours until respawn and min hours until respawn)

At a guess the pair is used to set the lower and upper bounds on a random number pool for when a quasi-periodic event will occur again. Animal encounter, spawn event, etc

For instance, in Immersive creatures, there are bounds like that for creature respawns. (for that it's something like max hours until respawn and min hours until respawn)

That is my guess also.

--

For others who might find this thread, we do know it is not related to resetting container and area cells.

iHoursToRespawnCell = hours until a container is refreshed with stuff (default: 240 hours or 10 days).

iHourstoRespawnCellCleared = hours until a cleared area is repopulated (default: 720 hours or 30 days).

Did a test (by making a quick esl mod with SSEEdit) :

EDIT : I was flat wrong (did a 2nd test). Here is the corrected version.

fRandomSceneAgainMinTime = it turns out it is just the minimum time (hours) before a random event is played twice (at least for those that can repeat).

fRandomSceneAgainMaxTime = not 100% sure yet. It is either that the same scene does not replay again unless 30 hours have passed, OR the time to respawn is random between 10 and 30 hours. I suspect it is the first.
FOLLOW-UP : this logically works with the previous limit, but using a maximum instead.

[ I was wrong about the hour settings: random event zones (ex: at some crossroads, beside Anise's Cabin near Riverwood, etc.) are reset or respawned at this rate. By default, it is set to 10 in-games hours, which is 30 minutes of playtime. (not to be confused with cleared area respawns)]

In my opinion, a random event every time you pass a crossroad many times in a single day in not ideal (after 30 min. of playtime, or more if you slow the timescale). I will tweak it a bit. CONCLUSION (edit): I have not found where to change the delay between random event trigger zones. You can leave one hour, come back, and there is a new event.

Edited by Seighfryd

It's likely two random generators are used, or I should say two batches. it's likely that after each event, the two threshold values (which will be used to determine when said event occurs using a "dice roll on values between the two thresholds will be set to new values. This is what likely leads to less predictable outcome.

1) detemine next event time by using something like >> Random(lower_threshold, upper_threshold), where I'm making up function and variable names solely for illustration.

2) event occurs

3) after step 2. new upper and lower thresholds are set using some randomizing function

repeat 1-3

Yes though it seems those values are not related to what I was looking for : delay between triggering of random event zones.

I say this because those events trigger almost every time, even barely an hour later.

It might be related, but only for limiting too many same events in a row (with the random roll you mention).

Edited by Seighfryd

OK ...

Follow-up: sifted through all the Global variables, tutorials, etc. Cannot find it. Seems the delay is NIL. From what I see up to now, if you exit and enter a certain distance, a new (location) random encounter can trigger (without any delay, with the exception that the last encounter will remain there for a while if not dealt with, that is about one hour).

( What can be changed is setting world interactions to 0 [really really *not* recommended for quest reasons], changing random probabilities, and some specific types of encounters.)

Edited by Seighfryd

Hmm not exactly sure what you're searching for here, although it seems specific. can you provide more details? It *appears as if you're trying to modify some known event, like a guard crossing a geographic point or kids running in solitude, etc

Hmm not exactly sure what you're searching for here, although it seems specific. can you provide more details? It *appears as if you're trying to modify some known event, like a guard crossing a geographic point or kids running in solitude, etc

No, no, just the delay (or lack of) between random location spawns : for example, near Anise's Cabin (beside Riverwood) and often on roads. Whenever you are close to those zones, there is almost always a random encounter like bandits, a giant spider, a Flame Atronach, assassin, sometimes allies, etc. If you go through that location (leave), and come back soon after, it spawns another random encounter; almost all the time even barely an hour later (in-game hour).

Not to be confused with cleared areas (that is a totally different system) and also not exactly the same thing as events triggered by conditions/quests.

Edited by Seighfryd

Well, tbh, I doubt the kids in Solitude are running around when I'm not within the city walls to see them... Bubbleburst perhaps, but virtually everything in the game is for the player's consumption, one way or another, including most spawns, especially those for battle scenes (where we're presumably supposed to play the hero and help whomever is being attacked, or to ambush a pair of creatures in battle (ex: troll and gob, etc) or side with one over the other (ex: killing a sabretooth decimating deer herds for instance) .

But I get your point. So you're concerned about the area around Anise's cabin. IDK, perhaps because it's a mid low level area of the map, perhaps it spawns regularly to give the player challenges to overcome and advance their level via the interaction. (like the way wolves always appear on the road leading from Whiterun to Riverview)

Sadly though I hain't the first idear how to "fix" that