DLL plugin failed to load

Acetoolguy

This probably means that the .dll plugin needed for "engine fixes" isn't loaded correctly.

OFC the game will run without it - you just don't have the benefits of "engine fixes".

There are several possible reasons why errors like this one can occur:

1. SKSE not running (or not installed properly) - or not updated to the current game version. If this was the case, other mods depending on SKSE (e.g. SkyUI) wouldn't work either.

2. Wrong or incomplete installation of "Engine fixes": It needs to be installed exactly as described on the mods's Nexus page. You have two components, "Part 1" and "Part 2". "Part 2" needs to be installed manually (i.e. copied into your /Skyrim SE folder - not into the /Skyrim SE/Data folder). "Part 1" can be installed with the mod manager of your choice. Also, make sure to download the correct version of "Part 1": There's a SE and a AE version.

3. Skyrim AE was updated again and now the plugin doesn't match the current game version. Make sure to update your plugin. If the game received an update very recently, you may have to wait for an update of "Engine fixes". TBH, I don't track AE updates currently, so I'm not sure about that.