Should I buy all the DLC's at the same time?

Wadarkhu

I only have vanilla Skyrim. I want to get all the DLC's, but I'm not sure what they affect or how they work with one another or if there's a canon etc. etc.

Should I get them all at the same time?

I guess installing mods would be easier if I had them all? I've already got like +5 mods I probably have to reinstall since they have different versions for Dawnguard stuff and stuff.

Thanks! :)

All the DLC brings different elements to the game so get the ones which sound good to you, they don't need each other to run or anything. You can use BOSS which will tell you if you need a patch for a mod due to having the DLC.

Hearthfire is the only one that's not really worth the money unless you REALLY want to build a Bethesda home and don't want to deal with potential bugs of user-made mods which do the same thing.

Dragonborn and Dawnguard are both excellent addons which add

1) Serana, arguably the best follower thanks to her dialogue which makes you feel less alone.

2) Access to new and better mods on the Nexus (such as Undeath)

3) several dozen hours worth of gameplay (or 20 minutes if you feel like cheating with the console and skipping all side quests).

4) perk trees for vampires and Werewolves

I can keep going on but both Dawnguard and Dragonborn are worth the money.

Dawnguard is a great DLC that I would definitely recommend especially because of the new weapons and werewolf/vampire revamps, as well as adding cool new places and NPCs, like *quest spoiler alert*

the Soul Cairn, where you find the souls of those who have been soul trapped, and Forgotten Vale, where you meet two snow elves who didn't turn into falmer.

Dragonborn is pretty cool as well because it's a whole new area to explore, with lots of big juicy quests. When it comes to Hearthfire, it is really only for people who like immersion and building your own house, I own it and it's enjoyable but if you just like fighting then it won't be for you.

Above all, I would recommend all DLCs, Dawnguard would take precedence if you like the new weapons and werewolf/vampire revamps, Dragonborn would take precedence if you like the new lands, whether or not to get Hearthfire depends on your personal taste.

Edited by Guest

Hearthfire is the only one that's not really worth the money unless you REALLY want to build a Bethesda home and don't want to deal with potential bugs of user-made mods which do the same thing.

Dragonborn and Dawnguard are both excellent addons which add

1) Serana, arguably the best follower thanks to her dialogue which makes you feel less alone.

2) Access to new and better mods on the Nexus (such as Undeath)

3) several dozen hours worth of gameplay (or 20 minutes if you feel like cheating with the console and skipping all side quests).

4) perk trees for vampires and Werewolves

I can keep going on but both Dawnguard and Dragonborn are worth the money.

I disagree on #1 of the list. If it were up to me, Serana would've died the second she showed me where castle Volikihar was. I just wish that me and harkon couldve killed her instead of me and her killing Harkon.