CTD on Save Loading

colinskyhi

My problem is quite specific, but at the same time probably simple.
While playing UNSLAAD on my 400+ hour save, that i have probably butchered, because of the few mods i've removed/added throughout my playthrough.
(Granted i only either had them around from the start planning to play them, but then realizing they were broken as some were from the LE version. And as for the others i just didn't feel like using them anymore or were replaced by another mod that did a similar or better job.)
My saves suddenly started crashing on me while loading. Every other save before a certain point works fine, but after deafeating a few more enemies and making some progress, the saves start to be corrupt or something. They can't even be opened with a save editor like ReSave from FallrimTools.
I wrote about my problem on the UNSLAAD SE page, only to later be told that it's not because of the mod. Which i confirmed by using a much earlier save and getting past my previous progress, saving and loading without any issues. While testing and trying all kinds of nonsensical things i did manage to make some small progress, but it was to naught as even trying to skip some bits of the quest didn't help. Granted there are probably a TON of more things i could try if i wanted to just keep playing from my latest saves, but the point is that i WANT to finish the mod with my save. Plus the issue could resurface later even if im not playing UNSLAAD . . .
I somehow managed to get quite a bit further by disabling the quest mod i finished right before this one, Glenmoril, but that only lasted until i returned to the main Unslaad area, where the autosave worked, but any other save i tried to do after it did not. And yes, autosaves also don't work after mine stop working.
If you are wondering the quest where i am "stuck" on is at the end of Act 2. I have not done copious amounts of testing as i feel like im getting beaten everytime the game crashes, plus that it takes awhile for it to even start with all my mods and the ENB, plus i generally feel like ass...

TLDR: My modded Skyrim SE started making corrupt saves at some point that make my game crash when loading them, while i was playing a quest mod. And i would really appreciate any help and if possible a solution to this problem.

I've found that sometimes, something goes wrong, and any future saves from the time that whatever glitch happened will no longer load. In fact, I just went through that about a week ago after I "broke" something during a session. I had actually made many saves along the way, (both using the MCM and using console save "filename", and of course many autosaves were created as well. None (about two dozen) would open on several tries.

What I had to do was to trace back to a save file I could load, and create a save from, and that would then load (that new save) successfully. And yes, I realize it can be tedious backtracking to a "safe save"

So in short, backtrack to a save file that *will open and *will produce a loadable save and play from there.

Alternatively, if you just installed any mod(s) just prior to this problem rearing its head, I'd suggest uninstalling it and try again.

I've found that sometimes, something goes wrong, and any future saves from the time that whatever glitch happened will no longer load. In fact, I just went through that about a week ago after I "broke" something during a session. I had actually made many saves along the way, (both using the MCM and using console save "filename", and of course many autosaves were created as well. None (about two dozen) would open on several tries.

What I had to do was to trace back to a save file I could load, and create a save from, and that would then load (that new save) successfully. And yes, I realize it can be tedious backtracking to a "safe save"

So in short, backtrack to a save file that *will open and *will produce a loadable save and play from there.

Alternatively, if you just installed any mod(s) just prior to this problem rearing its head, I'd suggest uninstalling it and try again.

Ok so which part of "While testing and trying all kinds of nonsensical things i did manage to make some small progress, but it was to naught as even trying to skip some bits of the quest didn't help." did you not read? I have literally been going back and forth between "safe" saves to test where the limits are, what i am doing that might cause it, how can i manage to avoid this. And for now i have decided to not waste any more time, since when i get into it hours pass and i make NO progress. Sorry if im being grumpy, but that's just how i am. Glad you tried though

Also: "Alternatively, if you just installed any mod(s) just prior to this problem rearing its head, I'd suggest uninstalling it and try again."

This literally happened mid session. I found my saves not working the next day and back tracked to a working save, which wasn't even an hour earlier than the newest one.

So after brain storming, like a regular modded Skyrim user, i decided to try loading a save file from right before entering the area, where i started to have issues in. Even though i passed it without any issues with another much much earlier save. Which is also how i got the idea. And lo and behold the save i made is completely fine and dandy. Granted i did speed run the shizz out of the area, only killed the bosses i needed to kill to progress. Didn't even bother taking items or whatever. But now all is well. Lizz is with her mom, im not stuck in limbo to repeat a rather sad story over and over again, and my character can continue looking inappropriately dressed for the snowy weather.